Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My side mirror was broken when someone tried to walk between my car and theirs in a tight parking lot. The bracket on the exterior is stripped/broken so that the bolts will not hold it to the door. (duct tape to the rescue, temporarily!) I've found a few dealers who sell parts online, but they will not respond to my questions: 1) If my glass is not broken, do I need to order new glass with the new mirror assembly? If not, how do I remove the glass to install it on the new mirror assembly? 2) Do all Mazda 6 mirrors have the blind-spot monitor, because I don't see it as a feature with any of the replacement mirror assemblies? Maybe a wiser question is, should I try to replace the mirror myself, or just pay a dealer to do it?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
First of all Welcome, I do not know of any way to use the glass from your old mirror on to the new one. What year is your 6? Most mirrors are really easy to replace on your own and only involve removing some interior trim and a couple nuts and plastic clips.

·
Registered
667 Posts
My side mirror was broken when someone tried to walk between my car and theirs in a tight parking lot. The bracket on the exterior is stripped/broken so that the bolts will not hold it to the door. (duct tape to the rescue, temporarily!) I've found a few dealers who sell parts online, but they will not respond to my questions: 1) If my glass is not broken, do I need to order new glass with the new mirror assembly? If not, how do I remove the glass to install it on the new mirror assembly? 2) Do all Mazda 6 mirrors have the blind-spot monitor, because I don't see it as a feature with any of the replacement mirror assemblies? Maybe a wiser question is, should I try to replace the mirror myself, or just pay a dealer to do it?
Since you mentioned blind spot monitoring, it sounds like you have a newer model... If online doesn't mention anything about it, I would guess you are in a gray area of weather or not the system would work.

You could try seeing how much it would cost to order it from a Mazda dealer; they'll probably overcharge you on the part, but then just save the money on installation if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My side mirror faced a same situation as OP. Now when it’s folded, it doesn’t fol closely compared to the driver’s side. And it’s flipping if touched. Any idea what might have broken and how to repair? Does it need a full replacement? Would it cover under warranty? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts