Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my MS6, I noticed that the passenger air bag light would light up indicating that the air bag is off when the passenger seat is empty and then go off after 30 seconds. Is this normal? Shouldn't the light stay on to indicate that the air bag is off? The salesman said that this is normal. This puzzles me. :headscrat: Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I thought it would stay lit up if someone were sitting there and didn't have their seatbelt on but I dont think it does that either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I remember reading about this in the owners manual for my 6s, don't remember what it said though, perhaps you should check there to make sure.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, it's normal. I don't remember the exact specs (check your manual) but it will only stay on if the weight in
the passenger seat is between like 15lbs and 70lbs. Something like that anyways. Give it a shot - put a bunch
of heavy crap on there and the light should come on. The car just thinks it's a kid.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, it's normal. I don't remember the exact specs (check your manual) but it will only stay on if the weight in
the passenger seat is between like 15lbs and 70lbs. Something like that anyways. Give it a shot - put a bunch
of heavy crap on there and the light should come on. The car just thinks it's a kid.
[/b]
Exact. My 12-year old daughter presently weights around 70 pounds, and the light constantly goes on and off depending on her position on the seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
FastWagon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing