Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys and gals, I've been on this forum and community a long ass time.
Many of you have followed my multiple builds and rooted for me for a looooonnnggg time which I have truly appreciated. I've met some great and knowledgable people and truly have learned alot about this car. Yeah it was kinda fail for me and I have dumped a shit ton of money into this car. I was basically driving a $50k mazda that "only" made 343/356.

P3 built my car from the ground up and let me tell you, they did a great job. Countless times, they worked on my car free of charge and over the years, I had become friends with all of them. There is nobody in the country that knows the mechanics of this MZR more than Charles. He can tell you how to take off a part over the phone w/ his eyes closed. He's that good. Jason the tuner is probably the only one besides CP-E you want touching your standback. He is a wiz at it. Just ask the guys @ CP-E and they will always tell you how good Jason is.

But what kept me going was all the people who admired my car, telling me I have one of the best MS6's in the US and what not, what car guy would not want to keep his car right?
I got my car back last december only to be hampered with many many small annoying shit. Axles popping, tranny leaking, starters going, thermostats failing, hoses leaking, pipes blowing off, boost spiking, a flatbed here and there. There was not 2 god damn weeks where I felt safe driving the car without some kind of small ass issue that ruined my day off. I'm sure people w/ built motors know what I mean. At the end of the day all we want is a car thats reliable that will take you from point A to B without issue.

Then my head finally lifts. Motor is fine but needs to be pulled because I am almost positive the head is a bit warped because I overheated the car.
Again, It could be just that head gasket but again, it might not be.
I do not have the energy nor do I have the time or money to fix it knowing in the back of my head that something later on will fail, whether it be small or big. I ain't taking the chance. I'm 31 and I need to buy a house soon, start a family and save some money. I can't be a kid forever.

After 2 turbos, 5 sets of wheels, a built motor and countless money spent,
I am officially (semi-officially...lol) throwing in the towel. I never thought I would say this because I had big plans for my ride. All I needed was a GT35R to make huge power. I had everything else I needed to make Huuuge power. Its like running a marathon and falling flat on your face right before the goal post. It sucks.

With that said, I am planning on having a EPIC partout. My car is with Charles in MD and he is going to start to tear the car apart soon.
I will have my motor, Mani w/ EWG, CP-E Pump, Turbo, DP, etc etc etc up for sale soon.

Again gents, if you have followed my build, I have not cut ANY corners when it comes to the best parts available.

Stay tuned and thanks

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reactions: sellers

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hate stories like this. Good luck man, it was always fun reading about your adventures.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
sad news. always liked your car alot man. but i know how it goes. i have a $25K insanely built 626gt thats probably only worth about $2k. lol. us car guys are not smart when it comes to our toys.

i want your pedals, and door sill piece's! please!!

ive been looking for those forever!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. :( My car is running correctly though (minus all the rattles etc), and now that I'm at 24k miles I'm just hoping it makes it to at least 100k without failing and without me spending any more money on it. I could be driving a vette or porsche for the amount of money I've spent on this car. lol

Wait, that's not funny. :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just joined the forums a week ago, but its still sad to see a guy like you, so involved in the car and mazda community to be leaving. You have an absolutely stunning 6. I truly hope i can make mine like that someday.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Sorry to hear. Good luck with your future car.

Reactions: yoichi

·
Registered
93 Posts
interested in the motor. I have a spare long block. I still need to get my head from cherry speed. Im also broke. But possibly interested! Though why did it overheat and what other damage? I wonder what people would think of me if I had a CX7 and a MS6 both with Advan RZ rims. you selling those bad boys?

·
Registered
148 Posts
" looks for the dislike button"

but i know how u feel man. Dont let it kill off the car guy in you tho. still have fun.

post up what your selling, i might be interested in a thing or two or 8

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, just throwing it out there: If it isnt taken by Blockhead, dibs on the FMIC and HKS BOV - And I will pick it up to save shipping charges

1 - 20 of 79 Posts