Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am planning to get a bluetooth car kid installed into my car sometime in the near future so i would just like to see what my options are. So far i've seen two companies that make them. Parrot (which seems to be quite popular in this forum), and Motorolla. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience and could let me know on which is better, or might work better with the Mazda6

oh btw i have an 06 Mazda6s V6 MTX (3 weeks old and i'm loving it :D )

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The Parrot ROCKS. If you get it from www.parrotkits.com, you can get a vehicle-specific harness that makes the install a piece of cake. I definitely wouldn't try it without the harness. It works absolutely flawlessly, and has all sorts of neat features for dialing from your phonebook, voice command things, etc etc. It's really an awesome product. The other day I had my phone in the house and the car in my attached garage, and I went out there to work on my Scangauge install and the Parrot connected to my phone all the way inside the house!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh that's great to hear, also thanks for the fast reply

however, i have a question. What model of parrot do you have???

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, nice pictures. Alright i think i'll go with parrot Thanks for the help MZ i appreciate it XD

·
Registered
398 Posts
wow, nice pictures. Alright i think i'll go with parrot Thanks for the help MZ i appreciate it XD
[/b]

I have the motorola BT and it's great. It's really small and if you tap into the mute of the factory radio it will mute the radio when you get an incoming call.

·
Registered
7 Posts
...if you tap into the mute of the factory radio it will mute the radio when you get an incoming call.
[/b]
The whole point of the Parrot kit is that you don't have to manually press mute - the harness mutes the radio automatically and plays the cell audio through the car speakers. I used to miss calls when I had the radio blaring. No flimsy extra speaker to mount like in the Moto and Nokia car kits either. The Parrot is totally plug and play with the www.parrotkits.com harness that MZBuckeye found.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Rediculous. The Parrot kit for the Bose stereo is 150 dollars. That's more than the damn Parrot unit. Does anyone have any other suggestions for tapping the wires? Are there any kind of end taps for wires so you don't have to strip the wires?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I found tap connectors. Does anyone have any familiarity with these?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Has anyone installed a Parrot onto a Bose system without using the 150 dollar Parrot kit? Supposedly, in addition to making the install faster and cleaner, it's only supposed to level the speaker volume to a certain volume when the call comes in.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Let me tell you. Without that harness, good luck installing the Parrot. There is so, and I mean SO much wiring with this thing. And the instructions are a loose translation from French. I'd never try it. Of course, I have the non-Bose so the harness was only like $50 or something.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The whole point of the Parrot kit is that you don't have to manually press mute - the harness mutes the radio automatically and plays the cell audio through the car speakers. I used to miss calls when I had the radio blaring. No flimsy extra speaker to mount like in the Moto and Nokia car kits either. The Parrot is totally plug and play with the www.parrotkits.com harness that MZBuckeye found.
[/b]

The Moto kit will automatically mute it for you, there's no manual muting necessary.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The muting is done by the mute wire which is on the Parrot unit. The Parrot kit shouls still be able to be connected just fine without any harness. The whole poin of the harness is not having to tap into any wires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
KWBDC, which moto kit do you have? could you post a link so we can compare the 2 units. I really want the parrot with the GPS built in so i can still have my nav on my treo and have the handsfree but i have the bose and with the harness thats almost 400$. Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ahve the sony ericsson hcb 700 install was a breeze, tapping onto the stereo wires for power etc, just one question i have the mute wire left to connect. which wire on the stereo pug do i tap onto ( mine is the speed 6 2.3disi). a wiring diagram might be usefull

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi. I don't believe there is a mute wire - that is why a harness is needed. Also, does the sound play through your stereo system or did you need to use an external speaker? I wanted full mute with sound through the stereo system, that is why I chose the Parrot unit and the harness from http://www.parrotkits.com

·
Registered
381 Posts
Fry's carries Parrot and Motorola BT kits.
recently they had a motorola kit for $99.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts