Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi al
I just bought a 2010 Mazda 6 Touring (Australian model). It's got factory Mazda front and rear parking sensors. The parking sensor beep-beep-beeps 5 times when car is started or parking sensor is switched on at the switch near the steering wheel. The light on the sensor switch continues to flash while driving and doesn't stop.

After it does the 5 beeps, the parking sensors do seem to work fine, both front and rear respond as per normal. Given they work fine, the 'problem' is manageable but I assume there is some sort of sensor/electric problem underlying it.

Googling the problem, I found a Mazda 3 owners guide that mentions 5 beeps as being potentially 'foreign material' on the sensors. I had a quick look and wiped them all and the problem didn't go away. The guide's next suggestion is to bring the car into a dealer to get fixed which I am not that keen to do.

Any ideas, brains trust? Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I once fixed a "stuck" sensor by spraying WD-40 into it. It starting working a couple days after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jman1200
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing