Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Maybe I'm a moron when it comes to installing so simple as a 194 parking light or maybe autolumination.com sucks and their products blow but when I was attempting to install my 6-led lights from their site- they wouldnt fit and actually got stuck/wedged in the housing! I eventually got them using plyers but it shouldnt be this hard to change them. Has anyone else had issues with their 6-led, which appear to have a wider head actually than standard 194's. Also, does anyone know if the WLED 6led from superbrightled.com are better and will work bc i will get them instead? thanks all.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
yes, it is an issue because it has been stated on here many times that a 4 led is the biggest that will fit.

:slap: You are definately the moron...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Superbright leds have different measurements on some of their LED's IIRC. But yes, the 4Leds from autolumination are the largest leds that will fit in the housing. You can dremel to make them fit, but I wouldnt do that if I were you.

Good luck. Just be careful in pulling the led out!
[/b]

So would you recommend going with the 4LED from autolumination.com or the 6 LEd from superbrightleds.com. I compared the measurements and the 6led will fit but is one brand superior than the other in terms of brightness/color?

·
Registered
574 Posts
So would you recommend going with the 4LED from autolumination.com or the 6 LEd from superbrightleds.com. I compared the measurements and the 6led will fit but is one brand superior than the other in terms of brightness/color?
[/b]
I got mine from Superbrightleds.. they are plenty bright.. 4led's..

·
Registered
814 Posts
just remember the 4LEDs are more focused than the 6's, so to some (like myself) it seems that you have those windshield washer fluid hood lamps in your headlights LOL. plus, it pretty much makes the angel eye effect disappear...at least it did on mine. thats why I went with inverted single LEDs, and once they began strobing...went back to super white 194s from autolumination.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Well I initially had the autolumination super star leds and they went strobe light on me. I went and got the 4 leds from superbright leds and put them in. No regrets and still going strong.

I personally have not installed the 6leds, so I cant say to recommend them or not.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Here's a place to get the best 194 LED bulbs at a good price. I love buying stuff from this guy. All his LED bulbs are great and very bright.

194 LED
These are the ones that I have on my front headlight housing, in the high beam area. They fit perect! very bright.

Here are some pics of them on my car:
[attachmentid=15413][attachmentid=15414][attachmentid=15415]

[attachmentid=15416]
Look on the wall and the color of the light it gives off.

Another place to get great LED buls is from here:
Velocity LED

Hey all. Maybe I'm a moron when it comes to installing so simple as a 194 parking light or maybe autolumination.com sucks and their products blow but when I was attempting to install my 6-led lights from their site- they wouldnt fit and actually got stuck/wedged in the housing! I eventually got them using plyers but it shouldnt be this hard to change them. Has anyone else had issues with their 6-led, which appear to have a wider head actually than standard 194's. Also, does anyone know if the WLED 6led from superbrightled.com are better and will work bc i will get them instead? thanks all.
[/b]
LED bulbs from Autolumination.com and Superbrightled.com are over priced!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I remember getting the superbrightled 6-led into the parking light on several occasions..on my old 6i

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Here's a place to get the best 194 LED bulbs at a good price. I love buying stuff from this guy. All his LED bulbs are great and very bright.

194 LED
These are the ones that I have on my front headlight housing, in the high beam area. They fit perect! very bright.

Here are some pics of them on my car:
[attachmentid=15413][attachmentid=15414][attachmentid=15415]

[attachmentid=15416]
Look on the wall and the color of the light it gives off.

Another place to get great LED buls is from here:
Velocity LED
LED bulbs from Autolumination.com and Superbrightled.com are over priced!!
[/b]
I had similar LEDs, I think they were called super brights from autolumination. And in a month, depending on the heat of course, they may start to strobe. I then went back to my superbrightleds.com 4leds. And it has lasted more than a month!!

Well good luck with those. And let us know if they do strobe as I said in about a month or so. :drive:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yes, it is an issue because it has been stated on here many times that a 4 led is the biggest that will fit.

:slap: You are definately the moron...
[/b]

LMAO!!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
uh... i have the 6led from superbright leds in. It fits fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts