Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i just installed 194 HID LEDs that are super white and they turned out to be more blue then I thought. So i was wondering, do you guys think this is still legal? even though the place i bought it from calls it white? The low beams are 4000k so compared to the HID LEDs they're yellowish.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Those are as blue as mine, just like I had mentioned. I have those on my clear side markers as well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well isn't the rule on clear side markers different then front headlights? i'm probably gonna replace them with Pilot Xenon 194s tommorow that i can get from walmart. And save these for when I get HIDs :) (next summer). Or put them in my side markers but that'll be like next summer also.

Or i might keep these on and see if i get pulled over, if so then i'll change it. (hopefully it'll be a nice cop)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't know how the cops are in your area, but here in Nevada they have bigger things to worry about than a bluish parking light. So far I've had them on for about six months. On my parking lights and side markers. Also I think that they will look better with the HID lights

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Dont worry about it man Ive had mine on for a year and cops in my town hate me for some reason and they havnt even hassled me, and ive been pulled over like 3 times at night so that being said I think your more then safe.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, glad to get a little reassurance :). The only thing i'm worried about now is that the low beams and the parking light don't match :(. And the LEDs are so white/blue that they're drowing out the PIAA xtreme whites

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Maybe to also helo you out Im running those exzact leds in everything that you can so im alot bigger target than you and still no isssues.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the LEDs in the picture i'm not using the normal 4,5,6 LED bulbs, i'm using this http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=141 the flat LEDs that are supposedly "High Power" and "HID" and they are pretty bright. But thats the only place i have those flat LEDs. My dome lights, door courtesy lights, and soon my rear license plate lights are all these http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/product_in...;products_id=64. Hopefully I won't have any problems with the license plate lights either. And after christmas when i have a little more money my clear side markers will be the 4LEDs too, depends on if i get pulled over or not.

·
Registered
63 Posts
every state is different, but most states agree on the same thing and that is that you cant have flashing blue lights on your car, on my mazda 6 i have blue parking lights and on my clear side markers too, i was stopped at a gas station and a cop asked me to turn on my turn signals and he told me they where good as long as they didnt flash

1 - 11 of 11 Posts