Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some thaughts/opinions. to help me out here.

I am getting ready to paint my interior. The picture shows how it is now stock. I am thinking of painting it black. Since my color scheme outside is black and silver. it'd be wierd to have the inside blue or something.

The thing is,
FIRST. do you think it'd look good painting it black? (the dash and so forth that is silver now). If not, what color do you think would go good. as of now my choice is black..

Second SHould I go for full or glossy? I have some nice dull black high temp grille paint I used on my headlights. should I just go that route. or wold it look better with a shiney gloss to it?..

I'm not asking how . I already know that. Just wanted some opinions.

Here is my inside, stock as it is now... My thing is. I'm afraid that painting it black might be TO MUCH black inside. but not sure what else would go well. Also don't mind that it's messy. Ive been pretty sick lately (doc said I have H. pyroli or whatever. causes ulcers, on meds for 14 days to get rid of it or some crap.) so I havn't been in the mood to clean it. plus i need new floormats.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I don't think I'd do it. I'm not sure it'd come out right, and it'd be hard to go back. The ONLY way I'd consider it would be to have it professionally done like Blackmagik did. Other than that'd I'd be concerned about the outcome.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I'd do it. I'm not sure it'd come out right, and it'd be hard to go back. The ONLY way I'd consider it would be to have it professionally done like Blackmagik did. Other than that'd I'd be concerned about the outcome.
[/b]
My thing is. The silver just sticks out from the rest. for the dash and crap or faceplate stereo area whtaever it's called. So i was wanting to go with something that didn't stick out so much since it's not the same silver as the rest fo the interior which is more grey...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well I like my all black interior although I'd leave the silver on the radio area for some contrast. If not do that portion gloss black and then the rest of the dash/door areas the standard plastic/vinyl dye to match existing. That would provide a little contrast but a different effect.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
here's what the centercontrols look like painted black.. i've had done this about a year ago.. i still like it.

here are a few pics..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i think it looks good, but i think you should do gloss black

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
The ONLY way I'd consider it would be to have it professionally done like Blackmagik did. Other than that'd I'd be concerned about the outcome.
[/b]
Yeah, that's one thing that's a huge no no with interiors. If it's a DIY job and you're using spray paints to get it done, you're going to be able to tell. And not just a little bit, it'll be quite noticeable! Hence the reason I took all my parts out myself and took them down to a bodyshop. I'd seen a few of my friends "DIY" jobs and I wanted nothing to do with that.

Other than the red, I did all mine myself :D So Buckeye, it's not all professionally done, most of it's done by yours truly :dmetal:

Also, when you get it done by the shop (notice I say WHEN you get it done by the shop), get them to add some metallic into the gloss black paint, and when the sun hits it, it'll have a bit more shimmer to it. Looks freakin great man. Everyone that gets in my car's like "Wow man, did you get a shop to do this?"

They know. Even if they're not into cars man, they'll still know.

·
Registered
805 Posts
what do you think it would cost to just take the car into a shop and have em dye the interior dash and craps like that? (like twowheelin did)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I looked at some 05 mazda6's, and I love the exterior but really dont like the way the center dash looks. That silver plastic in the middle of a black interior looks really cheap and crappy to me.

Could the 05 dash be replaced with an '06? (Probably not)

Are there places that sell a black replacement console (aside from the Metra kit to put in an aftermarket cd player)?

If not I guess I could just have it painted like Blackmajic did (his looks awesome, though i'd just want it black I think).

Chambers, how much did it cost to have yours painted?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you got enough money, just order a interior dash kit.
[/b]
I was checking out dash kits on Ebay today, but some of them seemed like they were no more than stickers.

I've never modified the interior of my cars in any meaningful way, so I know roughly zero about dash kits. Have you guys ever seen one after it is installed? Do they look good or does it just end up looking cheap?
I found a company that makes a plain black one (most just sell some sort of fake wood) but I didn't know if dash kits in general can end up looking good or not.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Ive been pretty sick lately (doc said I have H. pyroli or whatever. causes ulcers, on meds for 14 days to get rid of it or some crap.)

You have to take care about that Helicobacter Pilory.
Ulcer treatment has improved significantly in the past two decades thanks to the discovery that a chief cause of ulcers is the bacterium Helicobacter pylori--one possible reason ulcers seem to run in families. In patients with ulcers due to H. pylori, eradication of the bacterium has been shown to heal ulcers and prevent their reoccurrence. In addition, new acid-reducing drugs are now available and have made a dramatic difference for patients.

Sorry for the off topic

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yea ive also been thinking about painting my metra dash kit, the part where the shifter/ash tray is, and also the gauge pod. Should I paint all 3 pieces or would that be too much yellow in my car??

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yea ive also been thinking about painting my metra dash kit, the part where the shifter/ash tray is, and also the gauge pod. Should I paint all 3 pieces or would that be too much yellow in my car??
[/b]

I've seen some do that as well, I don't think it would be too much, they actually look incredibly nice too. :yesnod:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've seen some do that as well, I don't think it would be too much, they actually look incredibly nice too. :yesnod:
[/b]

Oh i c, ok, ill do it, but should i get it professionally done or get sum spray paint and do it myself? All the pieces thats painted yellow in my car where painted by me. :yesnod: I used the krypton spray paint and it turned out to match the color of my car, lol. :laugh: So should i do it myself or take it to a bodyshop?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts