Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any specific paint and clear coat that any body recommends to paint my front emblem. I am thinking about blacking it out, or red to match the brake calibers that i am about to do.

Also i looked and only noticed two screws holding on the emblem, are there any more that i need to worry about before pulling the emblem off?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Is there any specific paint and clear coat that any body recommends to paint my front emblem. I am thinking about blacking it out, or red to match the brake calibers that i am about to do.

Also i looked and only noticed two screws holding on the emblem, are there any more that i need to worry about before pulling the emblem off?
[/b]
I would think any atleast decent quality paint would work fine, if you spray it evenly and let it air dry overnight. Make sure you put several coats of clear coat (2-3?) and then you should be good to go.

Oh and also, sand it down, and prime it, then paint it, then clear coat it. Might want to wait for that if you live in the snow belt, as salt chips dont go well with self-painted items.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think any atleast decent quality paint would work fine, if you spray it evenly and let it air dry overnight. Make sure you put several coats of clear coat (2-3?) and then you should be good to go.

Oh and also, sand it down, and prime it, then paint it, then clear coat it. Might want to wait for that if you live in the snow belt, as salt chips dont go well with self-painted items.
[/b]
thanks for the paint tips, are there any other screws or bolts that hold the emblem on that you know of?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts