Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I AM THINKING OF PAINTING THE BRAKE CALIPERS ROTORS AND DRUMS A GRAPHITE COLOR... ALMOST OPAL... WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK? I GOING TO HAVE OPAL RIMS SO I AM TRYING TO BASICALLY JUST MATCH.. ITS EITHER GRAPHITE... OPAL.... OR GLACIER SILVER.. I DONT KNOW WHICH I WANT TO PAINT YET... BUT I HEARD THAT I SHOULDNT PAINT THE DRUM BC OF COMPLICATIONS THAT IT COULD BRING???? ANYONE KNOW MORE THAN I DO ABOUT THIS? THANKS.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Reading Topic: PAINTING BRAKE CALIPERS ROTORS AND DRUMS

I'm not trying to be a jerk, so please don't take it that way. Must you yell? (That's what caps means on a messageboard).

As for your question - it's been discussed quite extensively here:

http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=3324

Also - I wouldn't go through the trouble if all you're trying to do is match color. You don't know the calipers are there now, so why take the time to make them less noticable? I'd look at painting them in a contrasting color.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'PAINTING BRAKE CALIPERS ROTORS AND DRUMS'

my bad for caps.. im working on a datebase at work... so im auto caps.. but anyhow.. yes im just trying to make them look nicer.. i saw a wrx with the opal paint.. and i liked it it makes the wheels look nicer bc its kind of got a chrome look to the paint... but then again... red would be cool too i guess im just confused

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Also I wouldn't recommend painting the rotors, one stupid kid tried that and shortly after he did, he pulled them back off and brought them to my shop to have the paint cut off of them on the brake laithe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

OK KOOL THANKS EVERYONE... NO I DIDNT NOTICE IT DIDNT HAVE DRUMS... BUT I THNINK IM ONLY GOING TO PAINT THE CALIPERS ANYWAYS.. IM AFRAID TO DO ANYTHING MORE... AND DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEYRE COMING OUT WITH EBC GREEN STUFF FOR OUR CAR? BC I HEARD THAT THEY WHERE OR WHENEVER IT IS SUPPOSED TO BECOME AVAILABLE BC I GOT MAD BRAKE DUST ALREADY AND I ONLY HAD MY CAR FOR LIKE 3 WEEKS... AND MY WHEELS LOOK OPAL BC OF THE DUST. i DONT WANT TO HAVE TO BE BUSTING OUT THE WHEEL CLEANER EVERY 2 WEEKS.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i'm gonna try the rainx wheel protectors thingy i think brillo mentioned in the last post......

and yes...lol cap locks sounds like u r mad :D

·
Registered
272 Posts

Brake dust is always a bitch on the front. My car is hard to keep clean, but when it is, its beautiful.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i just wanna live up in here damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i live????????? without a respirator..... loook ma NO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!! Yes and brake dust is a bitch... thats why im going to just wrap my tires in tin foil and drive around like that... no brake dust means no getting the dirt in my manicured nails.. trying to clean off the rims. But have to keep the car clean some how. hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts