Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Painted mustache pictures *Updated*'

Originally posted by Phrosted

Whores, all of you!  And me!  That really looks nice, man.  I love the silver with the sports grill...[/b]
Just wondering if you were just stating that. He doesn't have the Sports Grille. I figure you were just stating your love affair with the Sport Grille.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Originally posted by KincaidYou're a passenger front corner whore is what you are. Take some from different corners and sides :D[/b]
LOL... now that I look at the pics, you're right ;) It's the sun's fault - all the pics I took from other angles sucked. Besides, the rear and sides look the same as before :D

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Reading Topic: Painted mustache pictures *Updated*

I like it alot. Did you do it yourself? Also, did they/you just paint over the chrome? Or did was it sanded first? Long term, will it last you think?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Strechtsje,

I think it would be quite complicated to open the housing, have it painted and then closed and sealed again without damaging the housing of the headlights.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by GreenNuggs

I like it alot. Did you do it yourself? Also, did they/you just paint over the chrome? Or did was it sanded first? Long term, will it last you think?[/b]

Uh it's photoshopped bro. He wants to do it but is seeing what it would look like.

·
Registered
113 Posts

Ha he thought it was real........

·
Registered
837 Posts

Czechmate,

What camera and resolution did you take your picture? I have an Olympus C4040 taken at 2048x x and I can not get the colour as brilliant as yours. Is it the nice sunlight you get as the light source. Check my posting to see the difference of my silver car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Originally posted by hieppo Czechmate,

What camera and resolution did you take your picture?  I have an Olympus C4040 taken at 2048x x and I can not get the colour as brilliant as yours.  Is it the nice sunlight you get as the light source.  Check my posting to see the difference of my silver car.[/b]
I couldn't find you post with pics of your car... My camera is Olympus C-2100UZ. Color is always a tricky thing and you're right, the sun plays a huge part. It is best to take pictures of anything when the sun is pretty low in the sky. In the middle of the day, when the sun is high, it tends to wash out and overpower colors. But the lens and use of filters also plays part. My digicam has a big non-retractable lens and while quite bulky, it is does produce excellent photos.

But the C-4040 is a very good camera, so I think you just need to practice with different lighting conditions to find what works best. Getting the lighting right in photography is key to great pictures.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Ive actually had mine painted to match my onyx black 6. It looks awesome! Makes a HUGE difference in the appearence of the nose.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Painted mustache pictures *Updated*

First time I have seen a mustache that looks good painted.. But it could that it is blue :) Blacked out Mazdabadge is a little :/. Why not paint it silver instead. Matte silver that is. Not shiney.

Note the yellow model car on the dash :)

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I kinda like it that way.

btw this is my 500th post. Whoohooo. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts

If you look a little closer, the light bezel is black so blacking out the Mazda logo complement the rest of the car pretty well.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Originally posted by rockjock

Ive actually had mine painted to match my onyx black 6. It looks awesome! Makes a HUGE difference in the appearence of the nose.[/b]
Hmm... would you have any pictures of that, btw? I am debating on whether to get the sports grille or to leave the original grille on... maybe now I should take a look at just painting the chrome... =/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.