1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
not bad, saw another 6 on here with the same deal...would try it out if my car wasn't a lease lol.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I painted the Factory Racing Hart Rims Black #23... High Gloss.. The pictures doesnt really do them any justice but they look sweet. You can view the link to my website where i have all my car pics in a photogallery to see more.
[/b]
looks good. what kind of paint do u use? caliper paint or just regular spray touch up?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i work at a custom car shop so used same paint as you would on a car. Glass Beaded the factory paint, sanded down rough edges left from glass blasting it,Did 1 base coat, 2 black #23 coats, 2 high gloss coats, baking them in paintbooth after each one..

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nice color.....especially on your white car. I wish I knew someone who could paint my rims gun metal gray. :drive: It seems like you did an awesome job at painting them(Very professional) :highfive:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if you take them to any auto body place they can paint them, but id suggest you prepair them first since it took me like 3-5 hours to get them ready to paint. its not hard just tidious. Sand blasting is they key though to get all the edges good. You dont have to take the paint off just scuff it up some then use like 400 grit sandpaper to smooth it out.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
has anybody gotten wheel polish done to a shiny finish on our MS6 wheels? i wonder how that would look.

·
Registered
475 Posts
not bad at all. clean up that rubber and post same pic, :thumbup: it would look even better!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah its been raining here so havent done that yet but tomorrow i will take some good pics

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok took a couple nicer pics of them on the car

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
After looking at your link I am getting very concerned...

You weren't the guy on CarDomain with the Lexani wheels were you?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol yeah, threw them on when i bought the car so i could paint these ones but never got around to it til now. I had the lexanis on a 95 626 before this one

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah yeah dont remind me lol was only temporary though, now its way i originally wanted it

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone Interested in Purchasing These? I might be selling them in 2 weeks when the ones i want are available. Didnt post this in Buy/Sell forum cuase they arent for sale just yet.
more pics

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I Might be, how much?

Also, would they come w/ the tires or no?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they will come with the tires, i took them off day i bought the car and had them off for about 4 months before i put them on painted so about 8000 miles on them. They are professionally painted and baked. i will take updated pictures of them once i decide to get rid of them. Im only looking for offers now to get a ballpark. I have 2 weeks until mine are in or if i get a great offer ill take them off right away and throw my old chrome ones on for 2 weeks. ill order brand new black spline drive lugnuts as well and throw them in as well.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those are for sale as well lol :p They where off my old mazda 626 and worked out perfect to take off the mazdaspeed ones to paint the day i got the car.... 18" Lexani Firestars
Ended up being on the car a little longer then expected lol
[attachment=20771:Zoom_20Zoom_20001.jpg]
[attachment=20772:Zoom_20Zoom_20002.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.