Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking....I'm hungry....money in hand.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Just checking....I'm hungry....money in hand.
[/b]
+2
Once you go black, you'll never go back!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
They weren't painted, but i'm working on it :)

So many things going on right now to get working on... ask the people who talk to me :)

Anyways, i'll try and get some more information tommorow...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Just an FYI, there may be a licensing issue with this product, Mazda owns the Flying M and all of the rights to it. Just like you can't go out and reproduce a NBA or NFL jersey, with out those entities permission and paying a fee for using the teams likeness.

I have been working with Wiggum as I have sent his request to some of the Mazda Corp. people I know, the last I heard it is with their Legal Department and that could take a bit more time. As soon as I get some feedback, I will advise Wiggum and he will let you know.

He has been working on it for you guys, but the corporate world moves a little slowerthan we like.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I saw a "black pearl" looked like black chrome, kit that mazda put out for the Mazda Tribute, it looked so hawt.I wish Mazda would put out something like that for the speed6.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you need to talk to Mazda about painting emblems? I think that is totally overboard.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Why do you need to talk to Mazda about painting emblems? I think that is totally overboard. [/b]
He isnt talking to mazda about painting emblems. He is talking to mazda about producing and selling emblems. Copyright and trademark protection is pretty solid in the US, covering your butt is always advised. OK, now time to go read my copyright and trademark law cases for tomorrow...true story.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK well no one said that. I thought they were going to be painted. That makes more sense. Who makes them anyways? I know a tier 1 supplier who makes graphics... (name changed to protect the innocent)...have some connections. I wonder if they make ANY Mazda stuff? I'll check.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I am well on my way to having completed this on my own. I bought some adhesion/primer spray made for plastic, metallic black dupli color and some enamel sprays tonight. So far after 3 coats of adhesion, 2 of black...it looks sweet. I'll let it dry overnight and then a few coats of enamel on saturday. I'll post some pics when I'm done. I couldn't wait any longer. If it comes out like crap and the price is right I'll buy the black ones.

·
Registered
592 Posts
if you want to ship them to me i work at a custom car shop and can paint them for you. www.exotickoncepts.net Would be easier if you just take it out yourself and goto a autobody place and have them do it. or just use spraypaint and high gloss for the cheapest way... you cant tell the difference since ive done it both ways.... all 4 on the wheels i painted white and trunk is black,red devil horns customized you can search forums for pics of that devil mazda logo

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
We are trying to stay away from painted because the front grill faces a lot of debree on the roads and paint chipping off is not a good thing...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

looks good. did you sand the emblems at all? and why did you choose the adhesion spray? Im thinking of doing the same thing this weekend, but with Nite-Shades spray tint. wondering if i need to go get some of that adhesion spray.

Was it difficult to remove the front and rear emblems?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THe front was a BITCH because it is snapped on to the grill. I used the adhesion because I have painted it already and it didn't stick. So I used scotchbrite to rough it up then the adhesion spray....a few coats.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you check it again I did the rear. I'll go wash the car then post pics. the rear looks better than the front after I mastered the painting technique.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 39 Posts