Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
simple question. I have color coded 25v paint with some clear coat, and was thinking should i paint my springs. Im painting my engine this weekend and calipers for sure. Im getting an eibach kit in the mail any day now, what do yall think? My car is lapis blue.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Unless you plan on getting down there and looking under the car at them a lot, i wouldn't waste my time, you really can't see them especially when the car is lowered from a normal standpoint.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ewww 100% true, lol im so used to my car lookin like a 4x4 when i look at my springs. Cause you can even kinda see MS springs cause they dont fill the gap ALL of the way and theyre bright red. Good idea. Ill save my paint for further projects.

Does anyone think paint that is just out of a spray can from paint scratch will be able to hold off 400 degree heat (from calipers if they even get that hot) with out chipping with a clear coat (of paint scratch paint)?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
On my old 6 i used 3 coats of high temp caliper paint and it still ended up chipping and flaking off after some time and thru lots of spraying from the car washes. Get the G2 caliper paint system if your planning on doing your calipers.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damnit ok... what about engine paint?? you think it will hold up?

AND if i don cancel my order from paint scratch which is another waste of 10 bucks, COULD i paint my engine cover with caliper paint?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Yes, any high temp paint will work for the engine cover. My old 6 was white, and after about a year of having my cover painted, it started turning a weird shade of off-white to almost brownish..

But blue will look good I'm sure, and I did NOT clear coat mine, I heard the clear will start changing color a lot faster then just applying lots of coats of paint. As for the lettering on the cover, sharpie markers own for that :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gotta love sharpie. Ok well it looks like im cancelling my order, cause theo only reason i truely bough tit was for my eyelids, and if i had waited a day i would have found out one of my m6 buddies was selling his painted lapis blue. So there is no need unless for the calipers/ engine cover.
Even if i have to paint my cover every year 1/2 , its not that big of a deal. Who knows, maybe my parents will buy me a speed6 buy then ;)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Yeah, having to repaint the engine cover isn't too bad considering how sweet it looks and the attention you get when you pop that hood :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
After daily driving and all the stuff, it is pretty pointless. How many people are actually going to get into your wheel well and look at your springs.

Might be better to just do your calipers and engine bay stuff.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Paint your calipers, paint your engine cover, but don't paint your springs!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i painted my engine cover and i highly recommend using a cleat coat it will prolong the life of the paint. also make sure you use high temp paint and clear coat. also for the calipers the only product that is not likley to chip would be the G2 caliper paint kit, it is by far the best kit out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts