Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a velocity red mazdaspeed6 2 months ago. I lhave 2 huge nasty scratched down the the white coat. I have not hit anything and the car was just gently brushed against a bush. I have never seen a car scratch this easily. Does anyone else have this problem? This the 6 disk breaking for the 3rd time. All vanity lights being blowen out and the clutch already going once have made me loss all faith in mazda. I can not beleive the quaility or total lack there of. This is my first and last mazda that i will own. Dont get me wrong the car is a blast to drive and it gave me the most bang for the buck compared to the legacy that i was was looking at. But look like its back to BMW for me.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
woah sounds like youve had more problems in 2 months then I've had in 8

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've had a lot of paint problems myself. most are minor; i'll try the clay bar soon.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mazda paint sucks... found that out with my MSP.
Damn, I hope I don't have all those problems! Going on a week and a half owning so far.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had two scratches after just two weeks. Looks like someone walked by and caught there zipper on my car in two spots when they tried to squeeze between cars. The paint is thin, there was a groove down to the metal. Touched it up with some touch up paint.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i have a 2004 and i havent had any problems with my paint at all, the only thing that has gone wrong is the seat padding kinda wore down and mazda replaced it in a day for me, dont get me wrong its not a bmw or a mercedes but i think the quality is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
yea i have a few scuff marks like...cat scratchings on my speed 6 on the hood..on a two week old car...

my 13 year old 240 does better than this, god.... =( o well the rest of it looks beautiful so it's all good in the neighborhood. haha

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The paint the these cars looks great (when new), but is definately very brittle.

I've got many chips and scratches in 9 months from stones and road debris. Add that in with careless people in parking lots and an idiot Mazda dealership that "waxed" my car (without my permission) with something abrasive, and my paint looks like hell.

I love the car, but trying to keep it looking nice is a losing battle for sure. :tear:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ive had my mazda for about 2 months now and i can tell that the paint sucks.

Everything else on the car is absolutly top notch but they went cheap with the paint.

Why Mazda, WHY????

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ive had my mazda for about 2 months now and i can tell that the paint sucks.

Everything else on the car is absolutly top notch but they went cheap with the paint.

Why Mazda, WHY????
[/b]

I do know for a fact that if your car is new, the paint is definently a little more sensitive than a older car, and it will be easier to damage or scratch, since it is a new paint job basically, could've been just the fact that its new?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh, my car is not new.

Its an 03 lapis blue Mazda 6S with 30,000mi.

New to me but still is in very good shape.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Well, chalk one up to stupidity! I was getting my big broom that was hanging handle down off the garage wall Saturday morning and it slipped. Oh yeah, The rubber grip at the end of the metal handle had come of about a week ago and I had not put it back on yet! WTF!!! The right rear door just below the body side molding took the hit. A 1" gash an 1/8" wide down to the metal was the end result. :swearin: You know, it's always worse when you do stupid crap like that yourself!!! Oh well. :tear:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I actually find the paint quality pretty good. I used to have a Subaru, which had REAL crappy paint. You breathe on it, and it scratches. The thing would be all swirl marked after one wash.

The Mazda paint in comparison is GREAT! I actually have no swirl marks, and it seems to hold up well to scratches.

In fact, I hit a garage door last year (slid down an icey driveway), and all I got were a few small scuffs on the front bumper, near the grille.

Actually, I'm having a hard time buffing them out! On my Subaru, I guess the paint was so bad, it was easier to buff things out....but on my Mazda, I'm using the same stuff (Meguires ScratchX) and it doesnt do anything!

Any tips?

·
Registered
337 Posts
All paint nowadays is pretty shitty, if its not because of scratching easily then its because of orange peel.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
All paint nowadays is pretty shitty, if its not because of scratching easily then its because of orange peel.
[/b]
have no problem with scratched or swirls i always keep my car in top notch shape, but what i hate is the orange peel on the back part of the deck lid i hate it and i dont want to wet sand it to get it out, i am to scared. but overall i am very happy with my paint there is not a swirl in sight.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My 6 is swirl-a-licious and should be the spokescar for Orange Julius w/all the peel I got going on. I guess I've just reserved to ignoring it until I can do anything about it. *shrugs*

I've had to "let go" early on. Heck, the first week I had it my friends dog decided to peek in my passenger door window and put 6 gashes running vertically by the door handle.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
hmm well the best so far I've seen is a B5.5 Passat. I remember knocking into the same shit I did with my MS6 and didn't even leave a scratch...I swear they must use a jizzload of clearcoat or something, but my impression of german made cars is rather high due to that fact.

Shit I tap something on my MS6 it all goes to hell, tap it with a Passat, nada, can't even tell. =(

·
Registered
606 Posts
my 13 year old 240 does better than this
[/b]
I'll second that. My sister's 1994 Nissan 240SX LE has EXCELLENT paint. I really responds well to a good waxing so much so that people have thought that the 240 had been repainted.

My 1996 626ES' paint (dark green) was beginning to crack under the clearcoat above the headlights and along the front edge of the hood.

I have a couple of scratches on my 2004 Mazda6 down to the white base already due to the assortment of idiots one finds in parking lots. If anything, I picked a light color for my 6 b/c the swirl marks on my dark 626 were hard to live with and not possible to remove.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts