Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i ordered paint that fits my vehichle perfect ( 25v ) spray paint with clear coat.

I really was gonna paint my eyelids, but i found some.

so really the only use for this was hopefully my fuse box / engine cover / brake calipers / bumper holes.

First of all do you think the paint will chip if i spray this on my engine cover because its not high temp paint. Its just regular paint. It will obviously stand over 150 degrees cause the coat on the car will, but this means nothing. The engine and brakes get hot. Any help people?

i was thinking of just returning it cause its costing me 45 friggin dollars but the store has terrible customer service (paintscratch and wont contact me after repeatedly calling and emailing many times)

edit: well im also building my sub box this weekend. Would it be really gay to make it the color of my car? Or should i keep it black?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think the paint won't last ont he brakes...but should stand up fine on the engine cover and fuse box...the plastic isn't directly in contact with the heat and should cool ok...might look into a thin dnyo mat applied under the cover.

well i ordered paint that fits my vehichle perfect ( 25v ) spray paint with clear coat.

I really was gonna paint my eyelids, but i found some.

so really the only use for this was hopefully my fuse box / engine cover / brake calipers / bumper holes.

First of all do you think the paint will chip if i spray this on my engine cover because its not high temp paint. Its just regular paint. It will obviously stand over 150 degrees cause the coat on the car will, but this means nothing. The engine and brakes get hot. Any help people?

i was thinking of just returning it cause its costing me 45 friggin dollars but the store has terrible customer service (paintscratch and wont contact me after repeatedly calling and emailing many times)
edit: well im also building my sub box this weekend. Would it be really gay to make it the color of my car? Or should i keep it black?
[/b]

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I wonder if there are any high-temp primers to be found? I think the engine cover would be ok even without a high temp primer, calipers won't last at all. Your hood and interior engine bay get rather hot, probably no different in temp at times to the engine cover would be. As for the sub box... thats your call on if its "gay" or not. :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k. well n e one know anyother good uses for it? interior design possibly? I can do the rings around the a/c vents, but i have no clue how to take those out, just have seen it done.

i might just paint my springs when they come in, so they look customy, even if you dont see them much.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ya.....i painted my a/c rings lapis blue....car color....there soooooooo easy to take out dude....just like..uhh....pull...lol..but for sure the engine cover and fuse box should get some paint....what kind of subs are you installing.???how many??? but for the brake calipers have you ever thought of something like red... i don't kno about u but i'm gonna paint mine red......the paint is easier to find and its super easy....just have to take a trip to ur local neighborhood friendly wal-mart......post pics when ur done....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya... n e thing else i could paint on the interior??? well should paint??

& i think ill go with blue as far as calipers go. It wil match, my car is gonna be a silver + blue scheme. Got the silver rims, euro's, silver head light housing (stock), clear markers ect.

i have one sub from elemental design that is fantabulous. and the amp from elemental design. its pretty beast.

im posting pics this weeekend of my car, cause no one has seen it yet. Hopefully all of the mods are installed, but i wont prolly be able to get around to suspension (eibach pro kit)

·
Registered
141 Posts
i was thinkin of paintin my pillars but then i thought.....2 much rice.......but i am planning on painting the steering wheel controls........were u live at...??

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cinci ohio WHO DEY! (bengals)

ya ill keep u updated w/ the paint, it should arrive monday. I sure as hell hope it works on the engine cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts