Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just noticed 2 pretty deep scratches in the hood of my 6. I havent ever really done any paint work and dont want to bring it in because I ahve a feeling it'd cost a couple hundred and was wondering if any of you had any tips on do it yourself touch ups. I have the steel grey paint version and am assuming i can purchase some touch up paint from a dealer and was hoping to get an idea of how to get the best resluts.

Thanks,
DS18

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Depending how deep the scratches are .... you can start by buffing it with Porter Cable with some low grade abrasive compound .... if they still show (don't want to go too deep past the clear and burn the paint) .... then Mazda sells OEM Color touch-up paint 'two-tips' crayons (on one end you have the paint / other the clear) .... buffing those shouldn't cost you more than a fifty .... I got my whole car buffed for $75 CDN

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 6 Pack. Did you do the crayon touch ups yourself and then get it buffed, or is the $75 for the buff and the touchup?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Where did you find these Mazda touch-up "crayons"? I've done a couple of google searches and haven't come up with anything.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts