Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crap. One of my most hated car pet peeves......

I've always thought of this as "Camaro Paint" because almost every ol' Camaro you see running around the bumpers are a different color than the rest of the car.

QUESTION: How are your bumpers doing, paint color wise?

Mine, @ 40,000 miles, beginning to give the car a two-tone look. Front and rear are about the same.
Crap.
Might have been the light, but I've seen it enough to make me take pics & post about it...

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Perhaps some special attention with some polish or paint cleaner and a good wax will help? That's odd. I can't judge mine, cause it was repainted for a repair. The color doesn't match, cause the body shop took 4 or 5 paints and repaints to even get close and it's still not perfect. :/

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
mine doesnt match cause bodyshop repairs as well.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
wow that does look diff. dunno what to tell ya

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with the different materials and how they hold the paint. Sheetmetal verses poly bumpers??
I have velocity red and notice a BIG difference in the paint color on my sideskirts, not so much my bumpers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
mine is the same color and it looks like that too. just not as bad.

·
Risickulous
4,862 Posts
silver here and it has looked slightly different from day one. Nothing as drastic as yours though. It's common with the different types of paint used on the plastic vs the metal. At least we don't have that GM paint that liked to flake off in sheets.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I brought this up about a year ago and someone mentioned that the Liquid Platinum and Titanium Gray MS6's are more likely to have the two tone look because of the way the paint reacts with the different materials (poly vs metal). It definitely sucks when I'm walking out of work and my car is nice and clean but still looks like crap because it's two tone.

Mazda Paint= Fail

·
Registered
457 Posts
black ftw! 40k, parks outside 9 of 10 days, no problems yet..

on the flip side, black means its never clean for more than a day.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
QUOTE (tmtbiker @ Feb 1 2010, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1633999
black ftw! 40k, parks outside 9 of 10 days, no problems yet..

on the flip side, black means its never clean for more than a day.[/b]
yep

sucks though for you guys. my old gold altima used to have this issue too. dark gold bumpers, light gold the rest.

girlfriend's accord does it too. but since it's white you don't see it that badly.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sort of a performance light beige now[/b]
lolz
favorite so far

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have the same issue...except my rear bumper is lighter than the rest of the car. I'm almost positive it's due to the body shop, though, because I don't remember it being like that before the accident. the front bumper is a pretty close match, if not perfect...definitely not off enough to notice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts