Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've searched the forums enough to decide that PaintScratch.com is the place I should get my paint from, and that I'm going to need some of it to get my new grille and eyelids painted by a garage.

What's not so clear as to what, of the many possibile selections on that site, should I buy for this use, as well as small touchups of tiny door scratches, etc? I've never had a car part painted, so I don't know what quantity of the Sonic Blue I should buy to give to a shop to paint my grille and eyelids, and I'm not sure if I should buy clearcoat. Is a 'pen' a good idea to do tiny touchups, or will this lead to disaster?

I see basecoat paint available in bottle, spraycan, pint, quart and gallon. I suspect a gallon is overkill. But that's the extent of my guessing confidence!

Help?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You should be able to get what you want done with a quart easily and then some. I would use clear coat as well just because the rest of your paint has that and it will help your paint last longer. After you have your lid and grill painted have the shop put the left over paint in a bottle for you and there will be a pint or more left, use that and a brush for more accurate touch ups down the line. You can be sure that whatever paint you chose there will be a slight differance in color just because of fade from sunlight. GL on your paint job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts