Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I am zainoing I notice a ton of small chips on the front bumber and bottom of the hood... So I need 2 things 1 touch up paint and 2 some of that 3M protectant for the car.. Any ideas?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just got a clear bra installed (3m materials) on my car yesterday....it's invaluable for the front rash my cars get from the highways and track duty here in CA.

3rd car i've had the clear bra on and give it a thumbs up after being super skeptical at first.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I just got a clear bra installed
[/b]
what was the total price, if you don't mind my asking? the price seems to run anywhere from $500-750.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bought my car on Dec. 19th, got the bottle of touch-up paint today in the mail. Just an FYI.

Jason

·
Registered
364 Posts
You should expect to pay $500 for the 3m clear bra kit installed..make sure it's 3m stuff you're getting...that's the full kit, and includes headlights, foglights, and side view mirrors. I had my car and my girl's Element done for $800 for both.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Bought my car on Dec. 19th, got the bottle of touch-up paint today in the mail. Just an FYI.

Jason
[/b]
Wow, I bought it right around that time and got my paint today in the mail too! =) I think it has something to do with the satisfaction survey I filled out...?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Not a bad price compared to a new paint job or a chipped up looking front end. 38K on my 05 and WISH I had spent the money!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just got a clear bra installed (3m materials) on my car yesterday....it's invaluable for the front rash my cars get from the highways and track duty here in CA.

3rd car i've had the clear bra on and give it a thumbs up after being super skeptical at first.
[/b]

I have to tend to agree, the 3M stuff is good. I have it on my car. But after 2 years having it, I have to say there is one major draw back. I've been hit with 2 nasty rocks hard on the film. There is a dent in both places, the rocks went through the film and chipped the paint. Now in this case, the film will now have to be removed to fix the problems and then reapplied if I still want it. This really sucks!

For saving the front from bug juice and minor dings the 3M stuff is great, but hope the above doesn't happen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Smilinvamp
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing