Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just passed on a good deal for a 3071 & ATP dp, but was a little sketched out by the whole thing, so I decided to pass.
I'm considering undertaking a 12-18 month build project (will be shorter term if I find a bag with $10K cash in it somewhere, but that's unlikely). Here's what I'm thinking, and part of the reason why I passed on the 3071 today. I'm worried about the stock pistons/rods, and although I know a some people run stock internals (Matt for one), I figured a build first would be the safer route. Also, to my understanding a proper tune is crucial, built engine or not.

My question is this:
Can someone provide me with more information about the P3 company, engine build build options, and their web address if they have one?? I came up short with google. Ben first told me about it, and if I remember correctly you can do an "engine swap" where you turn in the stocker for a built one for about $3K, or you can buy a new built motor "off the shelf" for around $8K. I assume if I strapped on the 3071 kit & supporting mods and blew a rod through my block, my only option would be the new $8K option. Too rich for my build in the next year or two, but I'd like to get a build underway before the car is an antique.

I'm working towards the necessary upgrades to shore up the diff & engine (that will be soon Joel, I promise! lol), but I think I have a pretty good idea of what needs to be addressed to do this right and as 'safe' as possible. haha. As always, thanks for your input guys. Oh, another thing... I'm not the most mechanically inclined "hands on" but learned a few easy things, but I'm figuring I'll have to pay a shop to do most of the major stuff, and those added costs will add up quickly, and slow down the build.

As always, thanks again for all your input guys. Special thanks & props to Ben, Joel, Matt, for the great info & dealing with a noob anxious to learn :lurk: . & thanks to everyone else who I'm too tired & hungover to recall at the moment!

Cheers,

Doug

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hopefully it's ok to advertise this, but I think it should be fine:

Originally posted by y2kc0wb0y
$5000.00 for a forged short block timed to your stock head
$1500.00 to $4K for head work depending on what you want.

$2500.00 core deposit refundable apon receipt of your stock rebuildable long block.

Short Block Parts list
CP 9:5-1 pistons. .020" over (not recommended to run a lower cr because of the screwy ECU logic)
Carrillo Rods with Carrillo rod studs.
Clevite thrust, main and rod bearings.
ARP main studs.
new rear main seal
new timing chain cover seal.
new pilot bearing
new mazda oil pump
new mazda flywheel bolts
new mazda crank pulley bolt
new timing chain assembly
new oil pump chain assembly
Balance Shaft Delete kit with oil pan baffle.
Cometic Head Gasket
Mazda timing chain cover gasket material.
Mazda oil pan gasket material.

Block fully machined, line bored/honed and decked.
Crank micropolished and balanced.
Oil and water jackets chamfered.

*Timed with your head.

* We will not send out a short block un-timed. Meaning our short block must be mated to a stock head or a worked head and is included in our quote. This way we control the end product and acurate timing. Lord knows this has been fucked up in the past costing many time and money to correct.

Head Parts list.
Mild to Wild is available and you tell me what you want.
$1500.00 get a stock head disassembled, hot tanked, 3 angles valve job with new locks, retainers, guides and a street port and polish. Mazda head studs.
$4K will get you a full race head with 1mm bigger valves with custom everything CNC milled to FLOW baby FLOW. ARP Head studs.

We guarantee the engine for any issues related to our assembly of the engine and it's timing. We guarantee a parts failure baring there is enough evidence to support a claim against said manufacturer. That said we have on record that our process will greatly improve on the stock Mazda engine tolerances which will help with knock and vibrations picked up from the BS delete. Basically the engine will run better than new.

We can start the process for a $2500.00 deposit.

That about it.
Questions?
[email protected]
703-462-0197

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (JohnnyT @ Aug 28 2009, 10:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1596016
Hopefully it's ok to advertise this, but I think it should be fine:[/b]

Cool, thanks JohnnyT, that is very helpful. Do these guys have a website or do you know what state they are in?

Thanks again man,

D

·
Registered
651 Posts
They are near cp-e in Washington, DC. I just bought a cp-e Nano from them and they have very good customer service with quick replies.

PM Scott Fulton (y2kc0wb0y on the forums)
703-462-0197

EDIT: Looks like they are making this website but there is nothing on it yet. www.p3performance.net

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
QUOTE (yoichi @ Aug 29 2009, 06:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1596098
My car is there as we speak getting a built block

CP-E is in Beltsville, MD and P3 is a few doors down.[/b]

Thank you yoichi!!! Our address is 6792 mid cities ave beltsville md and we just on the other side of the building from CPE. As for the website we are currently working to get that taken care of to answer all the needed questions about our engine build.

If you have any questions you can send email to either dadasracecar, y2kcowboy, cherryspeed or myself if you have any question. Thank you for choosing P3 Performance for you building and tuning needs.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I think Yo just wanted to build his motor for insurance, plus hes loaded lol... jk...

·
Registered
523 Posts
My car was tuned by Jason ( dadasracecar) from P3 , these guys know the mazdaspeed engine and tuning ! I made 10 hours of road for a good tuning session .

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool! Thanks again guys for the all good info. I'll be in touch with P3 when the time is right!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey guys...I'm so flattered by this thread...Thank you.
We strive do a good job on all our parts and service.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Maybe you will see me again because i will have a new custom made K04 turbo coming soon , so i will probably need a new tune on my Standback . Turbo is good up to 25psi but i want to keep a safe psi so I will contact Jason trought his e-mail for an appointment like last time :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts