Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting and I don't know how to start my own thread but I was wondering if anyone can help me out here I have a 2004 mazda 6 v6 sedan with around 112,000 miles. there is two codes that I cannot seem to figure out what is causing them! P1487 and p2227 I see lots of others post about having the same codes with no explanation so I am hoping there is someone out there that can help me. I replaced the egr valve thinking it may fix at least one of the codes and it didn't.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Welcome to Mazda6Club! Glad to have you here!

I've moved your post to the 3.0L V6 sub-forum where it will be seen by the largest audience of folks who own the same model so you can get the best help.
3.0L V6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum

Starting a new topic is really easy- Once you're on the page listing all the threads/topics for a given sub-forum, at the top of the page is a "New Post" button- click it, add a title and your question, then click submit post- easy peasy! :)

Reactions: Mr.Smoke

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
@Heatherlove sorry to hear you are having throubles. Lets see if we can pinpoint your issue. First, an explination of the codes you have & possible causes for them.

P1487 - EGR boost sensor solenoid valve circuit malfunction

Possible causes could be a faulty solenoid, a vaccum leak on one of hose attached to it, or faulty wiring within that specific circuit.

P2227 - EGR boost sensor circuit performance problem

Possible causes are basically the same as the above code.

Both of your codes are related to the boost solenoid for the EGR valve. Its located on a small bracket attached to the firewall basically right behind the EGR valve, along with another solenoid or two. I would check all wiring, connections & hoses running to it. There will be a vacuum line running from the EGR valve up to it, so you can identify which one it is.

It may be that there is just a bad/cracked vacuum line, or the solenoid itself may have gone bad.

Hopefully this helps somewhat. Please let us know what ends up being the cause of the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much I think I am going to try to replace that solenoid although I am having a very hard time finding the part online. Also I don't know if this has anything to do with the codes but the car has a very rough time acceralting and shifting at lower gears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a mazda 6 2004 v6 sedan. and the exact two same codes P1487 and P2227 always appear. on top of that my AT light just came on three days ago. the car tends to startle when im on a red light, and when i accelerate it does a little jumping start. what could be the problem.?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm trying to diagnose a P1487 code on my Mazda 6. Solenoid seems to be working properly when 12v is applied. I did a continuity test between the white connector wire and ground and I'm seeing 37ohm. Same when I test to pin 47 of PCM.

Can anyone check this on their Mazda 6 V6?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts