Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Mazda 6i 2003 (2.3L I-4), automatic. I have recently had a problem with my transmission. While driving on highway I've got AT and check engine lamps swiched on. Next day I started feeling some jolts while switching selector lever to position D and even harder jolts in position R, and jolts by shift changing on low shifts (1-2, 2-3). I got the car to service center and diagnostics detected two errors P0741 and P0771. They changed solenoid and aparently solved the problem. But only 2 weeks later I've got the same problem again with the same errors. My car does not run easily, very slow on the hills. Same jolts. Can anyone advise? I do not understand how it comes that only 2 weeks later the same problem appears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same exact problem on my '03 Mazda 6i with 181K miles. Same codes, same symptons. I was reluctant to just change the solenoid so I told my transmission guy to open it up. He replaced the E solenoid for good measure but he said the torque converter was toast. That's what was causing the problem. Cost $2300.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally I got the problem solved recently. There was a problem with TCM. They didn't tell me that there was another error U0100-ff-tcm in the service. I got to another service with more experienced electrician, who solved the issue within an hour. BTW, do you know guys what is the link between AT and air conditioner? I feel some jolts in the transmission when I start air conditioner. Normally it is jolting either in the 1st gear or when staying at the traffic light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts