Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i developed this code tonight, and i really believe something is not happy, because along with the code the car is really not running very happily. so i hooked up the autoenginuity scanner and got that code, which is a cylinder #4 misfire. well, my question, which cylinder on our engine is #4? as i wanna check and see is something is just lose, or something simple. but after searching 6tech and here, i cannot find anything. thanks for you help!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
cylinder misfires can happen and can be a point problem, i would check the sparkplug and such, and if all looks fine, i would reset the computer and see if it is just a sensor that got out of wack and is causing some problems.

if it isnt the sensor out of wack it will come right back, then take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, thats what i want to do, but which cylinder on the engine is designated as cylinder 4? because if its on the back bank, the intake comes off to get to it, and if thats the case, i am most definetly gonna let the dealer look at it...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Looks like its on the back bank. As per the "driveshaft connector"

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well... if you really had a misfire... you would have felt it. I've had the P0304 code show up a few times already, but I've felt nothing out of the ordinary. Crossbow said it usually occurs if you're pushing the car hard before its fully warmed up.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
and that cel probably went away while installing the intake because you disconnected the negative battery terminal while working on the engine like a good boy... right?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no, i did not disconnect the battery because i did not want to erase the code, normally i do, but i just did not want the code to disappear. and when i put the stock intake back on, it ran for about 5 minutes and the light just went out. the code is still stored, but light is not illuminated.

i could believe it being from getting on it while it was cold, because that was when it came on. and i did not feel anything out of the ordinary. just smelled the the exhaust being rather rich, but i assumed that was because the car went into open loop.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
probably what happend was it was a code that only happened once, and after 5 or so drive cycles it turned off when it sensed there wasnt a problem any more. it just so happened that you reinstalled the intake at that time.

good to know its not a serious problem, but next time, d/c the negative terminal, you coulda fucked your maf accidentally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
AzMz6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing