Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some issues with my 03 M6s ATX, It was shuting off at lights and having weird idle jumps when cold, car stalled 5 times in last 4 days!
Finally today CEL showed up.

Took it to my great Mazda service and after hooking up Computer Diognostic Machine it was a code P0102 - faulty MAF sensor!

I run full CPE itnake system and my dealer has warned me that it can be caused by oily Air Filter ( i did clean it few months ago, very carefully)
I will want to switch to maybe new AEM dry filters, any thoughts or sugestions?

Did anybody else go thru the same case?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was not clear enough

i did not clean air filter but I did clean MAF sensor a few months ago...

I hope it is not CPE "add on box" mulfunctioning???

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
What did you use to clean the sensor? Did you have any contact with the wires? Is the electrical harness to the MAF properly secured?

The filter from CP-E straight from the box won't foul up the MAF. The only scenario I can think of that involves the air filter is if you recently cleaned the filter, then applied too much oil spray. If that's not the case, then an AEM dry filter won't help you. The problem lies most likely with the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never cleaned the filter yet (12K miles)
I did clean the MAF with CRC electrical contact cleaner (recommended on 6 tech forums) very carefully and never touched the wires inside the sensor... did you hear other cases of MAF going bad?

So if CPE "box" would disconnect how would the car feel it?
what code could it throw... I'm hoping that CPE box works fine and it did not cause the P0102 code to activate the CEL...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I blew two MAF's on my last car because of my intake, people were saying it was the oil from the air filter, but I was using and Apexi dry fileter, so we never figured out why it was happenning. I took the intka off and it never happened again. The MAF's were $600 bucks too.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.... it just happen again yesterday
car shut off into safety mode a and CEL came ON!

I knew it could not be a damn MAF in 2 days so I called CPE and after a detailed desciption of what happened I was told that it must be a connections of the "cut wire" and CPE BOX so I removed the plastic CPE clips and soldered the wires to CPE box.... after 3 driving cycles and 30 miles no more issues and CEL is not turning on..... thks CPE!

hopefully that's it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
M6Ser
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing