Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, after owning and being plenty happy with the stock experience from my 6. Now i'm looking at "upgrading" it.

I know I shouldn't go for more powah, but I'm looking into upgrading the Sway bars and suspension. Maybe i can reduce the body roll and have it feel stiffer?

Only problem is, I don't know where to start looking. I actually work at a parts store, but we don't list the whole sway bar, only the end links..

Any other suggestions? I've debated on HID's/ LED headlights, especially since one of the low beams has decided to break it's adjusting screw and now I have a lazy eye.

Many thanks in Advance

·
Super Moderator
17,212 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another huge Zelda fan!

There's actually quite a few aftermarket setups you can go with for really beefing up the suspension, depending on your budget. The higher-end option is to go with coil-overs - adjustable struts/springs that allow you to control the height of the car (within reason) and the stiffness of the ride. A full set will typically run you about 1k, but everyone says they're totally worth it.

If you've got a more modest budget like most of us do, you can look into aftermarket struts/springs from places like Bilstein, Corksport, RacingBeat, Megan, H&R (not block), etc. Personally, I run Bilstein B8s and love them. But don't forget, the stiffer/better performing the suspension, the harsher the ride (though coil overs do a good job with both). To some of us, the performance outweighs the roughness, but that's your call to make.

I believe Corksport and a couple other places sell sway bars but don't quote me on that since it's been a while since I've looked at aftermarket 2008 stuff. The bars do a little bit but you'll mostly feel it in your "butt dyno" (placebo effect).

Also, don't forget that your rims/tires play a big role in your overall handling. While lighter rims and wider tires won't change body roll, they'll definitely help you grip those corners better.

As for upgrading the headlights, most of us recommend going to theRetrofitSource despite their slightly higher pricing. They have excellent quality and I've never heard of anyone complaining about them. Other places like DDM tuning sell cheaper ones but they're hit and miss. I had a set from DDM Tuning last years and years, but others have problems right out of the box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts