Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We all know that OVT is no longer officially supporting Mazda. However, Rafa is still doing the tune "silently". And behind the scene, they were actually developing this VF Tuner as OVT started their official support for Toyota.

Right now, they (VF Tuner) are looking for volunteers for model years 2014 to 2020.

In that picture, it says 2012+ but I was told that they want 2014+ model for Mazda 6, Mazda CX-5, and Mazda 3 for now.

For those who are also members of the Mazda 3 and CX-5 forum, kindly post a link over there or copy paste this one.

@GTEyes
I remember you now have the CX-5. Kindly post this to the CX-5 forum.

For anyone interested, you may contact Rafa through his email address:

[email protected]

This is a first come first serve basis and is offered for a limited time.

EDIT: @Mz6GreyGhost and/or @Byakuya
I was composing this topic using Tapatalk but I received a couple of errors. Now, I have multiple post. Kindly merge/delete the duplicate ones. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's not. The procedure is almost the same with OVT. Actually, I don't know.

Definitely, it's not plug and play. He did tell me that he needs volunteers and Mat said that he will offer free OTS maps for beta testers.

I'm actually surprised, I thought Mat abandoned the Mazda brand and left everything to Rafa but both of them were doing research to include the supercharged version.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Im def interested, would prefer to have more of it in my hands if im understanding what the intent is. Who knows, i emailed him though.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great! Rafa said that they now have better control than the MazdaEdit.

Just to add, let me quote a part of our conversation just now.

We are looking for old clients of Mat/Rafael/OVT who still has Tactrix, and has a 2012+ Skyactiv Mazda2 (Toyota Yaris iA), Mazda3, Mazda6, CX5

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
Depending on what is needed and/or who they're looking to get involved, I could volunteer. Though I never had OVT to begin with and likely don't have the tools so I'd have to go get them.

Do they need a 2020 Miata to test on too? :D

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depending on what is needed and/or who they're looking to get involved, I could volunteer. Though I never had OVT to begin with and likely don't have the tools so I'd have to go get them.

Do they need a 2020 Miata to test on too? :D
I'll ask him if he wants a 2020 Miata.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hope I am not too late to the party, but sent an email as well..Don't have my supercharger yet as I have only made the down payment + a little extra but have heard he is the best and that's who I'd want to work with. Getting a few autocross events under my belt before the kit arrives so I can experience the difference before/after in an official capacity on top of normal driving routines.

I am assuming there are a lot of people in line to work with him with the reputation he has in this forum alone and will be happy with a response even if it's a no!

·
Registered
6,812 Posts

·
Administrator
18,606 Posts
He said yes. Please send him an email.
Lol I was half-joking but if all he wants/needs is me to get the OBD2 adapter and a computer then I can try to help - my problem is I'll have to see if anyone's got a dyno around here and convince the wife it's worth it :D

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope I am not too late to the party, but sent an email as well..Don't have my supercharger yet as I have only made the down payment + a little extra but have heard he is the best and that's who I'd want to work with. Getting a few autocross events under my belt before the kit arrives so I can experience the difference before/after in an official capacity on top of normal driving routines.

I am assuming there are a lot of people in line to work with him with the reputation he has in this forum alone and will be happy with a response even if it's a no!
All we have to do is wait. Wait and see who gets to be a beta tester.

·
Registered
104 Posts
All we have to do is wait. Wait and see who gets to be a beta tester.
I have no problems with that! I'd be curious to find out prices on tuning anyways. I will get a tune that is provided with the supercharger kit but having a 2nd set of eyes never hurts.

Is the general consensus that the stock airbox is superior to most/all aftermarket options? I have been running the AEM CAI with heat shield for the past 4 years and now am about to go back to stock after reading some posts here and elsewhere. VT Racing stated it would be best to have the stock intake with their kit as well.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
I have no problems with that! I'd be curious to find out prices on tuning anyways. I will get a tune that is provided with the supercharger kit but having a 2nd set of eyes never hurts.

Is the general consensus that the stock airbox is superior to most/all aftermarket options? I have been running the AEM CAI with heat shield for the past 4 years and now am about to go back to stock after reading some posts here and elsewhere. VT Racing stated it would be best to have the stock intake with their kit as well.
Injen seems to be the best according to @WoodinvilleDan but as long as you aren't getting codes id just leave it on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts