Mazda 6 Forums banner

321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Will sysflex auxmod work with a 2003 mazda 6 luxury sports australian version (that is LHD) without any issues, cause I'm trying to find a way to install aux without that much hassle on my 03 mazda 6
It should. According to their site, it will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so wait I just plug into the tape deck area of the headunit and run a aux cable from there straight to my cup holders or arm rest and voila I have aux, is that all I need to do

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
so wait I just plug into the tape deck area of the headunit and run a aux cable from there straight to my cup holders or arm rest and voila I have aux, is that all I need to do
yea

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did this but now the whole center console doesnot light up and the radio doesnt work, but the hazards work and the Dials for A/C work also. any suggestions? Also my speedometer and Rpm dials jump now when i start the car.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I did this but now the whole center console doesnot light up and the radio doesnt work, but the hazards work and the Dials for A/C work also. any suggestions? Also my speedometer and Rpm dials jump now when i start the car.
Recheck your connections on the back on the HU, and check your fuses.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Wasn't there an issue with a missing connection for Aux-in on the 2004 HU's that needed to be added and if I'm remembering correctly does that have to be done with this module as well?

Scott

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Wasn't there an issue with a missing connection for Aux-in on the 2004 HU's that needed to be added and if I'm remembering correctly does that have to be done with this module as well?

Scott
Yes there is an issue with 04' head units but it is on a different port so...

No, nothing has to be done with this module. Simple plug n play and it will work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought the auxmod for my son's 2004 6, it doesn't have a tape or md player. Has any one put the connection on the face plate where the tape would go?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I just bought the auxmod for my son's 2004 6, it doesn't have a tape or md player. Has any one put the connection on the face plate where the tape would go?
Not quite sure I understand what you're asking but the auxmod is meant to plug in where the stock tape player would plug in on the bottom of the head unit (you don't use the stock tape player if you have it). I hope this is what you were referring to.

Reactions: jclark

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an 04 6 also with no tape/md player, it just hooks up in the back. Running a male to female 3.5mm to the faceplate is something I've though about and would make things appear more cleaner. Its possible.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ah that's the other thing I thought you may have meant.

I've never seen anyone do that but personally I would drill out the area where the ash tray or coin tray or whatever that thing is in the small flip up compartment where the cig lighter is. That way it can be flipped close whenever not in use or in case you make a mistake installing it, it won't be obvious.

I would just get a quality aux line and run it underneath the console, cupholders and into the top tray compartment of the armrest. That is where I keep my iPhone and have my xcarlink routed to. It's basically stealth, completely reversible, and if you happen to leave your phone or device in the car on accident, that area is not in direct sunlight so it shouldn't get too hot. It will be warm though depending on the time of year and your climate, from experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like both those ideas, it would allow for the device to be hidden. With your xlink did you have to make the mod for your HU?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I like both those ideas, it would allow for the device to be hidden. With your xlink did you have to make the mod for your HU?
Yes I did have to modify it. When I first got the unit, I hooked it up to check whether or not I needed the mod but it ended up needing the mod just like the majority of 04's.

You don't need to worry about that though since the Auxmod uses a completely different port than the xcarlink and similar devices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Auxmod arrived Saturday. Sunday was install day, it took about 2 hours. Those pressure clips, were a b!tch, I was finally able to get a screw driver in and undo the bottom ones. Didn't have to unscrew the pink screws, was able to get to the back and plugged it in. I went ahead and drilled the hole inside the armrest. Installed the dashmount aux input. Looks nice and clean. Son is thrilled, he didn't realize he would be able to talk on his phone and hear through the speakers also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Aux modbasic back in stock as of 1/22/13

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hiya all, I have been reading most of the replies on here, but cant find if anyone else has asked this.
I want to connect my flash drive not an ipod to the stereo in my 6 2006.
what are the options available to me ?

p.s. Im in England.

321 - 340 of 342 Posts