Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know overfilling the oil after an oil change damges the engine but what exactly does it damage. Will it do harm to overfill it just a little bit. Just curious because the last place to do my oil change was wal-mart. I know bad idea....but thats what happens when you are a broke college student. They didn't overfill it that much but they still overfilled it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Originally posted by Travis72@Nov 6 2005, 09:04 PM
I know bad idea....but thats what happens when you are a broke college student. 
[snapback]551493[/snapback]​
Well obviously you have more money than you have time, or else you would have done the oil change yourself! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not for under 20 bucks. + have you ever done it with nothing to drain old oil into and with out a lift, nor any tools. Didn't think so :nana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
There is a possibility of blowing seals and gaskets, mostly seals. If there is one seal not to damage that would be the rear main seal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Originally posted by Travis72@Nov 7 2005, 04:43 AM
Not for under 20 bucks.  +  have you ever done it with nothing to drain old oil into and with out a lift,  nor any tools.  Didn't think so :nana:
[snapback]551685[/snapback]​

I just drain the old oil into the sewer grates next to my house. Is that bad?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
Originally posted by JettaJet@Nov 7 2005, 09:02 AM
I just drain the old oil into the sewer grates next to my house.  Is that bad?
[snapback]551816[/snapback]​
I hope you loose your drain plug down that same grate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,694 Posts
Originally posted by jdips01@Nov 7 2005, 09:38 AM
I hope you loose your drain plug down that same grate.
[snapback]551830[/snapback]​
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: thats was good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Originally posted by jdips01@Nov 7 2005, 01:47 PM
You're such a damn spelling-nazi!  :laugh: Don't you ever work???
[snapback]551839[/snapback]​
I'm self employed, essentially.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Originally posted by JettaJet@Nov 7 2005, 09:02 AM
I just drain the old oil into the sewer grates next to my house.  Is that bad?
[snapback]551816[/snapback]​
:laugh: I hope you are kidding, or next we will have all kinds of environmental people on here followed shortly by people from PETA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
Originally posted by redfire605@Nov 7 2005, 10:27 AM
:laugh: I hope you are kidding, or next we will have all kinds of environmental people on here followed shortly by people from PETA.
[snapback]551863[/snapback]​

By PETA I hope you mean the People Eating Tasty Animals organization!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
I don't know how but doing my oil change yesterday, i somehow overfilled the case by about 1/2 inch over the second hole on the stick. I put in 6 quarts, but for some reason it overfilled. Can i just pull out the filter and dump the oil from it and place it back on to get rid of the excess oil ? I won't lose any more oil other than what's inside the filter, correct?

Should i just leave it alone and not do anything or will there be any problems with it?

Thanks.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
24 Participants
fullmetal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top