Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked on their site and saw that they still list Mazda vehicles, so I reached out to Mat at OV and he responded:

Mathew Wilson (OVTune)
Feb 28, 12:30 EST
Hello James,

Rafael will be working on these and offering a tune for them through OVTune Ph

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I asked about cost and when it would show on the site..

Mathew Wilson (OVTune)
Feb 28, 13:13 EST
We will have that info (cost and such) available when everythign is ready

·
Registered
782 Posts
This was noted a few weeks ago on their Facebook page. They've done an about face and decided to continue to support Mazdas. It doesn't sound like Mat will be the primary tuner doing these anymore, but hopefully he'll still provide oversight and do a complete transfer of the Mazda specific knowledge he's gleaned.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
This was noted a few weeks ago on their Facebook page. They've done an about face and decided to continue to support Mazdas. It doesn't sound like Mat will be the primary tuner doing these anymore, but hopefully he'll still provide oversight and do a complete transfer of the Mazda specific knowledge he's gleaned.
Yes, Rafa will be the one who is in charge. He has done a lot of collaboration with OVT here in the Philippines. If I may add, I think I'm the first and only one with OVT diesel.

If I'm not mistaken, we have more than a hundred members who made the tune through Rafa. Most of us, if not all, were saddened when the news came about OVT discontinuing its support as most of them have plans on buying another Mazda. One of them recently purchased a CX-9.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was scared i was gonna be the only ovtuned turbo 6 glad they decided to keep mazda support they did a good job with mine

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was scared i was gonna be the only ovtuned turbo 6 glad they decided to keep mazda support they did a good job with mine
So how is your tune? I know the one they did for my CX-3 was very good. I'm just waiting until they indicate that they are ready to do 2.5T tuning and I will pull the trigger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So how is your tune? I know the one they did for my CX-3 was very good. I'm just waiting until they indicate that they are ready to do 2.5T tuning and I will pull the trigger.
I love it it picks up speed so quick now only problem im having with the car in the summer with 100+ coolant gets hot with too many launches and need to have it cool down so upgraded radiator,coolant

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love it it picks up speed so quick now only problem im having with the car in the summer with 100+ coolant gets hot with too many launches and need to have it cool down so upgraded radiator,coolant
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Even stock our 2.5T Mazda 6's are quick from a roll.. below is a 1st gear 20ish roll when I raced a modded & tuned 2017 WRX.. Keep in mind my car was Bone stock with 2 passengers & still had the crappy OEM Falken Tires.. I remember prior to the race the WRX owner thought he was going to smoke me lol but after we raced we stopped and talked he was shocked that a stock 2.5T Mazda 6 kept up with a modded WRX..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OV has not been responding to my inquiries after the initial contact... :-(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My last inquiry was today using the help desk email on the OV site, but I also reached out a couple of time last month as well.

I want to purchase a tune package and want to know if I can now do so for my 2018 Grand Touring turbo. I actually already have the software, Tactrix, and cable from the CX-3 tune package I got from OV last year. I don't have the CX-3 anymore, so I can now use it on the 6.

OV has not been responding to my inquiries after the initial contact... :-(
May I know how long it has been? And what is the nature of your inquiry?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I dont believe the turbo version has been finalized yet. I know they had a cx9 making 40+ hp the other day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I dont believe the turbo version has been finalized yet. I know they had a cx9 making 40+ hp the other day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
You are right, it's not yet final. The owner of the CX-9 is "silently happy" at the moment. He doesn't want to release any results as he wants it to be an official release of OVT.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My last inquiry was today using the help desk email on the OV site, but I also reached out a couple of time last month as well.

I want to purchase a tune package and want to know if I can now do so for my 2018 Grand Touring turbo. I actually already have the software, Tactrix, and cable from the CX-3 tune package I got from OV last year. I don't have the CX-3 anymore, so I can now use it on the 6.
It seems your message has been buried. He said he'll take a look at it. If you could send the email address to me, it might help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PM sent. Thanks for your help.

It seems your message has been buried. He said he'll take a look at it. If you could send the email address to me, it might help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts