Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I dropped my car for that TSB about the winsheild fogging on the outside cuz my wararanty is finishing so I thought I'd get that taken care of before it did.

To those that have had this fixed, was it some like all day fix which requires taking the whole dashboard off? I had to leave my car there overnight, I was jus curious if such a small thing requried a big fix? O well, it's free anyways.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I just got my car back after nearly 3 weeks in the shop for this. First, it took the dealer almost a week to get the foam part for the fix itself. Then, the head mechanic was the only one working on it because it's such a big job (it takes 8hrs, they said). Since he was being pulled on to other jobs, it got delayed again and again. When the head mechanic finally worked on my car, he broke some sort of clip in the process. They had to order the clip, which took an additional 2 days to get a replace. I got my car back today, and no air leak anymore. No rattles so far either, so that's a good thing.

I was pleased because I got a loaner, and the dealership also gave me the oil change for free. I thought that was nice of them.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I got it done in about 6 hrs or less with an oil change. The first time I went they had to order the foam piece though and it was about a week before they got it.
[/b]
They said since I work 2 jobs and am busy, they will just keep the car so I wasn't running back and forth. I only had an oil change done too, but they kept the car all that time in storage at the dealer. The only thing that sucked is that I went to my 10 year HS reunion while I had a loaner Mazda MPV minivan. I was the only one who wasn't married and didn't have any kids, but yet drove a van lol :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
They said since I work 2 jobs and am busy, they will just keep the car so I wasn't running back and forth. I only had an oil change done too, but they kept the car all that time in storage at the dealer. The only thing that sucked is that I went to my 10 year HS reunion while I had a loaner Mazda MPV minivan. I was the only one who wasn't married and didn't have any kids, but yet drove a van lol :)
[/b]
You should have hired a limo or rented a Jaguar or something cool.
:laugh:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
You should have hired a limo or rented a Jaguar or something cool.
:laugh:
[/b]
Well I wasn't trying to be fake or anything actually. I would have been happy with my car or even another 6, but the minivan was a little much.. :)

Anyway, back to the point of the post.. I've had my car back for 2 days now after the fix. No air leak on the windshield anymore (I could feel the draft before), and no rattles from taking the dash apart. Hopefully this wlll continue for awhile anyway, since my car's not even 4mos. old yet.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Well I wasn't trying to be fake or anything actually. I would have been happy with my car or even another 6, but the minivan was a little much.. :)

Anyway, back to the point of the post.. I've had my car back for 2 days now after the fix. No air leak on the windshield anymore (I could feel the draft before), and no rattles from taking the dash apart. Hopefully this wlll continue for awhile anyway, since my car's not even 4mos. old yet.
[/b]
Thanks for the report. I've been thinking of having this done to my 6, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The problem is really minor on my car and hasn't bothered me enough to take it back.

But I have some other minor issues that are starting to build - the dash rattle, a squeaky brake pedal, the fogging - all are getting to a point where I might need to bring it in for some TSB/Warranty work.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts