Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just got my wisdom teeth taken out today about 2 hours ago. I had to fly all the way to Bagdhad to get them taken care of. My friends all amped me up and got me afraid of it, but it wasn't all that bad. They gave me enough drugs to keep me pleasant for 2 days :yesnod: so pain shouldn't be an issue. Eating gelatinous & soft foods sucks though. Atleast I get to chill here at Camp Victory for a few days which is way cool. It's nice to have a few days off, but I can't wait to get back to my FOB with all my friends & jump right back into kicking some ass!
Has anyone else ever had their wisdoms taken out & can give me any advice on what else to expect or what to watch out for?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
well i had one taken out, and the blood clot washed out of the hole that was left over, creating a dry socket right to the bone, it was super super painful, so dont get a dry socket.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Got mine done when I was in the Corps and they fucked it all up. After 2 weeks of constant pain in my jaw they had to go back in just to find out that they left a small shard of tooth in. It was miserable, my command was going to try and charge me with malingering because I would go to Dental every morning and tell them that it still hurt. They would pack some bullshit pain gauze back there, but it tasted like earwax and hurt like hell when they took it out every day to put new stuff in it. I also only got about 3-4 hours of sleep every night because of it. They tried to convince me to get my uppers done after all that shit and I told them hell no. I will go to a civilian to get them done one day.

As far as what to expect down the road, you will have holes in the back of your mouth that you will have to clean out after you eat. At least I do. Other than that it’s not so bad.

·
Registered
233 Posts
its not too bad, i just remember being really hungry because i was stuck eating spaghetti o's and jello ... i needed a steak

but afterwards the whole in the back of your mouth gets annoying because food gets in there, but after awhile it fills in

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I need to get mine out, but haven't yet. Not looking forward to it too much, but I hate having all dental work done. Its not fun.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i got mine out i think about 2 years ago now. they gave me enough drugs to knock me out for hours and then really awesome drugs for the pain afterwards. sat around for 4 days playing video games and sleeping.

oh yeah dont smoke either that creates dry sockets.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had to fly all the way to Bagdhad to get them taken care of.
[/b]
Wow - remind me not to complain the next time I have to drive across town to get to the dentist!

Suggestion - keep those empty sockets clean. Put some table salt in a glass of water and swish like crazy.

Good luck over there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the quick replies...The dentist didnt really give me any post-removal instructions besides "change out this gauze in your mouth every hour for the first few hours." So all the other instructions from you guys are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
NO STRAWS!

drink with a straw you pull out that blood clot...you get dry sockets....and take your meds religously....but watch out...if you get the nasty "yellow squirts" you have a nasty infection down below because of your meds....

if you mouth tastes like ass, you have an infection in there...

Infections are the most common sideeffect of wisdom teeth.

i'm surprised nobody mentioned that....when using brine(salt water) be VERY gentle!

I know its graphic, but as a pharmaceutical rep...I've seen it all whether I want to or not

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Make sure you FINISH ALL ANTIBIOTICS. This is very important to your health and to those around you. Even if you feel like there is no need to continue taking them, finish the bottle. Again, I can't stress that enough!

As for the teeth, I was given a little plastic syringe to gently wash any food out of the sockets until they closed up. That was very helpful. Rinsing with mild salt water is very good as was said, and if your pee turns orange thats just the antibiotics, no worries there.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ohh...this thread reminds me of my wisdom teeth. My dentist asked me if I wanted to take it out last summer but obviously I refused. After awhile I started to feel painful sometimes because it's growing in my mouth but everytime the pain goes pretty quickly so I just leave it and not to bother it again. So far it stopped growing but who knows...My mom made the appointment for me already but I'm like okay...

Just read your stories and they really scared the hell out of me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
arch4life
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing