Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just ordered the silver GT-V6 manual with GFX package. I was told it would arrive second week of June.

Does anyone know if maza's rust proofing is any good. The dealer explained that it would cost $500 and it last 4 years and they would the do another tretment in 4 years for free. Any thoughts...

Also has anyone taken the extended warranty
---> $1,000 for 5 years 100km
---> $1,800 for 7 years 160km

Thanks

Rinal

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'OTHER OPTIONS'

nope i got nothing from the dealer cause i think they are overpriced

undercoating i can go to speedy and get it way cheaper

besides i like waxing my car so no need for that body protection thingy

as for the extended warranty i hope to buy a new car in 5 to 6 years..

oh yeah congrats.... :p

·
Registered
105 Posts

The only reason for dealer installed rustproofing and extended warranties is for the dealer to increase their margins.

These options are not worth it. Don't be a fool.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Reading Topic: OTHER OPTIONS

Well, I did the undercoat for $295 cdn which includes the 3M interior protection spray. I don't think that's too bad from a dealer. :->

Didn't buy any extended warranty even though I am planning to have it for 10 years. The last Mazda Mx3 I had, last me for more than 9 years without major problems. :->

·
Registered
105 Posts

$295 may sound like a good price to you but when you consider that it only cost the dealer about $20 to put it on....you are getting ripped off!!!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

well, true. But if you go to other places, it would be something like over $200 as well, isn't it? There is no way you can go to any shop and ask them to put those for $20, right? I know $295 is not a good deal, but it's not too bad from a dealer. I heard people do the undercoating for more than $400 before. :p

·
Registered
682 Posts

Howdy folks - just to ad my two cents...

I bought a GS-V6 from a dealer here in Kitchener. They offer a "rust protection module". Basically it charges the entire chassis with a small postiive current to prevent salts etc. from binding to the metal. It was ~$700 (!!) option that I decided against, since Mazda uses double-galv steel on all the body panels anyway.

The spray on stuff works well (from previous experience) but it turns all the weather stipping/rubber into goo after a few years.

·
Registered
105 Posts

It's a good thing that you didn't blow $700 on the 'rust module'...not because Mazda uses 'double galvanizing' but because THERE IS NOW WAY ANY SORT OF IONIC PROTECTION WILL EVER, EVER WORK. Kitchener Mazda should be sued for false advertising or maybe theft if they actually sell that to anybody!!!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

well depending on where u leave.....liek where i live on the west coast...it barely snows and when it snows....the city doesn't even use salt alot like the way back east

so rust protection/undercoating kinda useless in a way

i went to speedy and got my undercoat done for $85 but this was my dad's friend so it was kinda under the table.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Don't forget extended warranties are calculated to make the dealer money. So they charge you more for it than the cost of the repairs they think they'll have to make.

The only time you might go for an extended warranty is if they are willing to "throw it in" when you have hit bottom when dealing for price.

·
Registered
105 Posts

wake up you idiots, that is just $677 more dollars that you have to pay. It is not worth anything...don't fall for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts