Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Above the clock in my 6 I can see other things when I have the lights on and the brightness up on the panel that shows you the time. It says:

CONSUM AVCUREMNG
L/100kmile/h

Looks like it might give some info on gas mileage or some other info. Does anyone know how to get these readings or what's up with those lights?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Reading Topic: Other info on the radio screen?

You probably see the information on the right side too about the climate controls, the fan intensity and direction. Those were not designed to be displayed in the 6i. Since it's a 6i and the controls are mechanical switches (instead of the 6s electrically held dials); it would be much more work/programming and controls to display that information. My guess is that they got lazy on the left side too.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Actually, the European/Japanese version has a trip computer that uses the clock display to show consumption, average, how far you can run on the amount of fuel left in the tank, etc.

You toggle between clock and trip computer with the lower left button on the display area.

You don't have that, but they've used the same display.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes, I do have a 6i and the climate control stuff is all there. I do have a button labelled "clock," but it doesn't do anything (unless I use it with the other button "Set"). I also have a button "Amb" that toggles between the outside temp and nothing on the right side.

Ok, well, I was wondering if there was an easy way to ge those read-outs, but I guess not unless I can get some parts from overseas, huh?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

The european version have this control.
How many miles/gal.....Average, etc.
Here to Panama come without that

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Other info on the radio screen?'

·
Registered
922 Posts

Originally posted by SCORPION6

The european version have this control.
How many miles/gal.....Average, etc.
Here to Panama come without that[/b]
Yeah the Australian version has the information also:p how many km's per L, average fuel consuption, how many Km's till empty ect ect

·
Registered
156 Posts

One feature I like with this is when you have a current fuel consumption displayed, and every few seconds it tells you how much fuel you use per 100 km. When you floor it or overtake someone hard it can jump up in the 50's but when your cruising on the freeway it can be around 5 litres per 100km. Interesting to watch your bad driving habits, like flooring it at the lights and seeing how much fuel you waste.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Well, yeah that's the thing. It's fun! How can you not want more fun things in your already fun 6? =)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

yea, it comes standard in australian 6 model.
and true, doesn't really help or anything coz they are not accurate
Plus, if you notice, sometimes they stuffed up. say like Current Fuel Consumption would stay at 10.6 L/10 eventhough i'm not pressing the gas pedal....
it'll stay like that untill i reset the thingy or turning my engine off.
build quality issues??????

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by KUNING-6
            yea, it comes standard in australian 6 model.
and true, doesn't really help or anything coz they are not accurate[/b]
the trip computer on my maxima is the same way, it constantly says im getting about 21 mpg when im really getting about 19, and I would NEVER rely on the DTE display. i do like having the outside temp tho, does the M6 US models display outside temp?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

oz's got the lot with the display. i think they just enjoy seeing displays eh?
lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Other info on the radio screen?

OK, so the question is how can I owners in the USA get the trip computer installed? Anyone?

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by Askew

OK, so the question is how can I owners in the USA get the trip computer installed?  Anyone?[/b]
Buy a JDM one...o0o while you're at it, get a Titanium Grey Hatchback as well! :D
Dunno dewd, even if you could get the electronics from a non-NA one, it might not work with A) the computer, plus it might be all in °C and KM or sumthign...

·
Registered
334 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Actually, the European/Japanese version has a trip computer that uses the clock display to show consumption, average, how far you can run on the amount of fuel left in the tank, etc.

You toggle between clock and trip computer with the lower left button on the display area.

You don't have that, but they've used the same display.[/b]
so why in the h*LL does mazda-usa doesn't have a trip computer in our version? are they on crack, after i found this out a few day after i got the car -- i was tick and then find out the rest of the world get them except us (like the NAV) that piss me off even more.. grrrrrr:(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Other info on the radio screen?

Yeah, just what we need...another distraction for bad drivers....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts