Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i placed an order
18x7.5 Kazera KZ-T Silver Painted
for 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 In Stock 4 $149.00 $596.00
225/45ZR18 Avon Tech M550 A/S
for 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 In Stock 4 $136.00 $544.00

and then they call me and tell me that the 225s will rub and i'll need to modify the fender.
so i say ok i'll go with a 215. well then they didn't have 215s available at the same warehouse as the wheels.
so i canceled the order. later on i called back to see if they could possibly send the tires from one warehouse to the warehouse with the wheels. This other customer service rep tells me i'd have to roll the fenders even with the 215's. wtf @ that. He told me that i'd have to modify the fender with any wheel that was less than +53mm.
the kazera KZ-Ts are +48. anyone run into this problem at all?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
so i placed an order
18x7.5 Kazera KZ-T Silver Painted
for 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 In Stock 4 $149.00 $596.00
225/45ZR18 Avon Tech M550 A/S
for 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6 In Stock 4 $136.00 $544.00

and then they call me and tell me that the 225s will rub and i'll need to modify the fender.
so i say ok i'll go with a 215. well then they didn't have 215s available at the same warehouse as the wheels.
so i canceled the order. later on i called back to see if they could possibly send the tires from one warehouse to the warehouse with the wheels. This other customer service rep tells me i'd have to roll the fenders even with the 215's. wtf @ that. He told me that i'd have to modify the fender with any wheel that was less than +53mm.
the kazera KZ-Ts are +48. anyone run into this problem at all?
[/b]
i have to roll with my set up 18x8 +50 w/ 235/40/18 tires and its lowered on MS Springs...will be doing that Monday...even though after lots of research on here i was suppose to be able to run that setup w/out rollings since its a high offset.....

i know that +48 is suppose to be lowest you can go without supposedly rubbing but i also thought +50 and above no rolling was needed but guess its not true... and springs are not suppose to have any effect, i doubt that now since i have to roll.... got all my info from this site....

guess each car is different, dont know why but it is....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have to roll with my set up 18x8 +50 w/ 235/40/18 tires and its lowered on MS Springs...will be doing that Monday...even though after lots of research on here i was suppose to be able to run that setup w/out rollings since its a high offset.....

i know that +48 is suppose to be lowest you can go without supposedly rubbing but i also thought +50 and above no rolling was needed but guess its not true... and springs are not suppose to have any effect, i doubt that now since i have to roll.... got all my info from this site....

[/b]
yea, thanks for the reply.

i've searched this topic time and time again. I think i've viewed every wheel site there is. I'm going crazy because i want wheels with all season tires before the snow starts flying.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Tire Rack is on the conservative side regarding rubbing.

I ordered 2 sets from them and they told me that they would rub. In reality, they don't rub at all because I've done my research in this forum and know what will rub and what will not.

The sets that I ordered:
17X7, +50 offset with 225/45R17
18X7.5 +48 offset with 225/40R18

See my signature for what I have. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tire Rack is on the conservative side regarding rubbing.

I ordered 2 sets from them and they told me that they would rub. In reality, they don't rub at all because I've done my research in this forum and know what will rub and what will not.

The sets that I ordered:
17X7, +50 offset with 225/45R17
18X7.5 +48 offset with 225/40R18

See my signature for what I have. :)
[/b]

my understanding is that the speed6 has less room to play with. Even though you have no problem with the 18x7.5 set up, I wonder if I would. I didn't think i would especially if i went with the 215.

·
Registered
79 Posts

[/b]
18x7.5 with 45 offset and 225/40/18 work fine on the speed6.
No rubbing.
No fender rolling needed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I also have ordered tires from them before. I got the "General" 225/40/18, They also called me telling me that these would not fit. I knew I would have to roll the fenders to the max running an 18x8 w/+35mm offset, so i had them release them anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts