Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Ordering a 6'

When I ordered mine they said about 8 weeks. But I got lucky and they found one that matched my configuration in 2 weeks. YMMV.

·
Registered
793 Posts

they looked for the one i wanted but sayd that the configuration i wanted would take 2 or more months...so i went with the base model and ordered some parts through the service department.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading Topic: Ordering a 6

Yeah. One guy told me 10-12 weeks, which is what I figured, but he was out of state, and I didn't want to get hammered with taxes. Another guy told me 4-7 weeks. I'm assuming that's if the exact configuration I wanted just happened to be coming off the line when he placed the order.

·
Registered
543 Posts

When I asked my neighbor, who works at a Mazda dealership, he told me about 6 weeks if I ordered one.

That was before I decided to wait for the hatch......now my "wait" looks closer to a year. ;) :(

·
Registered
5 Posts

I haven't got it yet (6s M with sport package and Bose); but when it was ordered on Jan 14 the said 2'nd week in Feb...which would be 4 weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That's what I want to order. A 6s manual w/ sport, bose, leather & sunroof

·
Registered
174 Posts

Originally posted by kook

That's what I want to order.  A 6s manual w/ sport, bose, leather & sunroof[/b]
Me too. Why can't they just stock more of those on the dealer lots? :sarc :)

·
Registered
628 Posts

Originally posted by Count Blah

Me too. Why can't they just stock more of those on the dealer lots? :sarc :) [/b][/quote]

Another one in that boat (is it crowded in here?) I ordered on the 20th and the dealer told me 6-8 weeks to that puts me right into March...AHHHGH THE WAIT!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ok.
The dealer told me that Mazda does not take special orders, but takes preference orders, meaning that you tell them what you want, and as soon as one is built to those specs, it's shipped to your dealer. He also told me he'd give it to me at S-Plan price, but the price is effective when the vehicle comes in. Meaning that if Mazda raises the S plan price before the car is delivered, I will have to pay the new prices. Is this a set up so they can overcharge me? I'm thinking it's more of a C.Y.A. for them, but I'm a little skeptical.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Ok.
The dealer told me that Mazda does not take special orders, but takes preference orders, meaning that you tell them what you want, and as soon as one is built to those specs, it's shipped to your dealer.  He also told me he'd give it to me at S-Plan price, but the price is effective when the vehicle comes in.  Meaning that if Mazda raises the S plan price before the car is delivered, I will have to pay the new prices.  Is this a set up so they can overcharge me?  I'm thinking it's more of a C.Y.A. for them, but I'm a little skeptical.[/b]
My dealer told me the same thing. He said that they never get the S-Plan Price right when they do special-orders so the price on my first contract is approximate and that the actual price will be what is on the invoice when it comes in.

S

·
0 Posts

Anyone order theirs in Canada?

If so, how long did it took?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

Originally posted by Count Blah

Me too. Why can't they just stock more of those on the dealer lots? :sarc :) [/b][/quote]

Another one in that boat (is it crowded in here?) I ordered on the 20th and the dealer told me 6-8 weeks to that puts me right into March...AHHHGH THE WAIT![/b][/quote]

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Ordering a 6

SAME HERE, BUT THEY STATED 8-12 WEEKS. I ORDERED EVERYTHING BUT W/ THE 5SPEED. (INCLUDING THE SPORT GRILL, NEW FRONT AIR DAM, AND FOG LIGHTS.)

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

Ok.
The dealer told me that Mazda does not take special orders, but takes preference orders, meaning that you tell them what you want, and as soon as one is built to those specs, it's shipped to your dealer.  He also told me he'd give it to me at S-Plan price, but the price is effective when the vehicle comes in.  Meaning that if Mazda raises the S plan price before the car is delivered, I will have to pay the new prices.  Is this a set up so they can overcharge me?  I'm thinking it's more of a C.Y.A. for them, but I'm a little skeptical.[/b]
My dealer told me the same thing. He said that they never get the S-Plan Price right when they do special-orders so the price on my first contract is approximate and that the actual price will be what is on the invoice when it comes in.[/b][/quote]

Your dealer is filling you with total BS. Completely. And I know this from the president of Mazda USA. **Please* email me the name and location of your dealer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts