Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went ahead and ordered my clear tail lights and my sports grille from my dealership. i have the invoice here so u can see and talk your dealerships down from the outragious price tags.
:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Reading Topic: ORDERED Sports Grille and Clear Tail Lights

I had no idea that the clear taillights where available for order from the dealerships. I'm surprised! Did you ask them if they could get the blacked-out JDM ones?

I can't wait to see the pics of your car after this!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

naw i forgot to ask.:( but my parts will be here monday mourning:)
i think this is a good deal since it's at my dealership also.
the lights are listed for $290 at dealership and got them down to $232 + tax (not too bad) where as they are 219 + s/h at Finishline Performance. and the Sprots Grille was listed as $200 + tax and got htem down to 166 + tax, where as the Sports Grille is 199 at various sites.:) sooooo qwik comparison.

Sports Grille:
Dealership = $166 + $11.62tax = $177.62
Online = $199 + $6 s/h = $205
difference = 27.38

Clear Tail Lights:
Dealership = $232 + $16.24tax = $248.24
Online = $219 + $6 s/h = $225
difference = -$23.24

so it's about the same price in all but i felt like tryin ta wheel n deal.;)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Awesome!! I wonder if you'll be the first in NA to have them.

Hey, can you ask them about the JDM lights on Monday too?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

i didnt know you can do that :) you better get pics up as soon as you get em on!

·
Registered
174 Posts

So that's parts only or also installation? Will you install them yourself?

·
Registered
170 Posts

I don't think they would be too hard to install... I think the tails are just new lenses. Am I correct?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yeah. it's easy to install and they come with instructions so i'm set. the grille is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
25 Posts

They should be easy to install but it depends on how they were designed. I changed the tails in my Nissan ALtima and they had a seal that I had to replace which was sticky and a mess, but not difficult. But my buddy owns an eclipse and his was screw on and screw off so you never know until you do it yourself. Let us know though keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replying to Topic 'ORDERED Sports Grille and Clear Tail Lights'

bad news :( my grille will be here Wed, and the Clear Tail Lights have been recalled due to quality issues, so they said at the end of next month they will be available.:( so i got my money back on the tail lights:(

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

What quality issues? Does that mean that all Japanese and European models have inferior tail lights? I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't able to get those...depends on how different the clear tail lights are for every country (to meet regulations and stuff).

After all it's too bad for you. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts

Yeah, that is a weird subject since they're already standard on the european models. I can see if they were made by APC or some other junk company like that but not if it's OEM. I wonder, does anyone know if the european model is a direct duplicate of the US version, body wise that is. If it is then just ask someone on here that lives over there to get a price quote for you and purchase it through them. I'm sure someone will help you out everyone seems pretty cool here.

·
Registered
50 Posts

hi I'm from Australia.
I'm getting my 6 ina few weeks and have been trying to change the clear tail lights.
they come standard here in the 6 and it seems to be very popular with other cars as well.
Anyway, just letting u guys know that u cant have too much of a good thing.....

·
Registered
793 Posts

well daym u guys must be lucky cuz my screwy dealership cant get me the parts now...i put in for a sports grill, taillights and the lip spoiler and they called yesterday sayin they cant get them in bcuz mazda is beind stingy. how messed up is that!

·
Registered
254 Posts

:)

You gotta love standard features in some markets across the globe. I would have thought that Mazda made the tail lights all the same. I was suprised to see conventional 'red' tail lights on one of the members here. I don't know which I would prefer, but I do like the clear ones

Adam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: ORDERED Sports Grille and Clear Tail Lights

why don't you guys just switch with the guys across sees if you want them that bad. If he want's the all red tails and you want the clear then just pay for shipping on your end and it's an even swap!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts