Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a pre cut headlight tint the other day. I have searched but havent found anything about someone installing the pre cuts, seen plenty of the different types of sprays and such. Has anyone installed these on their 6 yet and was it a pretty quick and simple thing to do?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I ordered a pre cut headlight tint the other day. I have searched but havent found anything about someone installing the pre cuts, seen plenty of the different types of sprays and such. Has anyone installed these on their 6 yet and was it a pretty quick and simple thing to do?[/b]
i hate to tell you this but if you got the tint that goes on top of the headlight then you wont have it on there to long because it will cut down the light comming from your headlight drastically. some people have tried this and they took it right off because the amount of light the tint was blocking.

·
Registered
814 Posts
i remember at one point a lot of people getting the ?rockblocker?overlay in blue, along with HIDs. i think.

give yours a whirl and let us know how it looks....you can always get a set of fogs to help you out if the light is really cut out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope it doesnt take too much of my light out, i do have the lower fogs so maybe that will help. The only thing that might be an issue is i ordered the eyelids also, i may wait and see how i like the tint first before installing the eyelids on top of the tint. thanks for the responses and i will let you know if it works out!

Here is a picture of a "smoked headlight" that was on the item description on Ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I hope it doesnt take too much of my light out, i do have the lower fogs so maybe that will help. The only thing that might be an issue is i ordered the eyelids also, i may wait and see how i like the tint first before installing the eyelids on top of the tint. thanks for the responses and i will let you know if it works out!

Here is a picture of a "smoked headlight" that was on the item description on Ebay.[/b]
i agree it looks damn good, but like i said tinting the headlights could be dangerous and will probably attract a cop, but i hope it works out because it looks good.
also im not 100% sure but i dont think the eyelids block much light at all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree it looks damn good, but like i said tinting the headlights could be dangerous and will probably attract a cop, but i hope it works out because it looks good.
also im not 100% sure but i dont think the eyelids block much light at all.[/b]
I got the tint and eyelids in today. I am thinking of not putting the tint on, it looks pretty dark. I am just putting on the eyelids, good thing about them is there already black. I will post some pics after I put the CF grill that should be here by Monday.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
If you're not going to put the headlight tint on I might be interested in buying it. Can you take pictures of the tint and send it to me? Also, is the tint a smoked tint or is it a black tint with a little bit of blue in it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
deff looks nice. But if it blocks out that much of your light then i dont know. try it out and take pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I held it up to the headlight and it actually doesnt look to bad, 6ixspeed i think i am going to go ahead and put it on. If interested i got mine off of ebay for 24.99. Here is the link to the seller's items. I will have to let it warm up until i put the tint on, i am not up to freezing my ass off, and heard its not good to try to put tint on in the cold.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
This was on my old car. I selected blue because it doesn't cut down on light output (at least the decrease is not noticable unlike the smoked version).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[attachment=19612:p1180120.JPG][attachment=19613:p1180118.JPG]

this is my whip, these DO limit ur visibility but they do look good.[/b]
are those smoked or the dark?

Jax6S the blue looks good I am hoping mine turn out good.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
honestly i don't know.... i got the film for $3 a yard in puerto rico then i cut them myself. on a bright sunny day they don't look that dark at all but if i had to guess they are as dark as my window tints wich are 35%.[/b]
I think the ones i got are about 40% or more, waiting for the bad weather to clear and for it to get up to 65 before i mess with them, appreciate the response!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
thinking about getting the smoked headlight kit for my copper 6, does anyone know for sure if it will affect light output?? i know rockblocker says it will not on their website but i just want to be sure....

i have a 2004 w/ headlights tinted but want a darker look to go with my theme, gonna be getting smoked 20% for my clear sides, and also for my 3rd brake light....

thanks

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Yes it will. Anytime you put a type of filter, you will decrease the amount of light that passes through. If you hold up a piece of Road blocker in sunny condition or any lighted condition, it will create a shadow. It might not be a very dark shadow but a shadow nonetheless.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.