Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered my mazdaspeed hatch springs for my 04 hatch!!
waiting for it to arrive now~
should I get alignment done right away after they are installed???
Dale's told me if I install at their place they will get one done right away and go back after a month to get another check

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most people say wait 2 weeks so the springs can set then get an alignment
[/b]
2 weeks?
is it better to get a passenger on the passenger side so that the front could maybe "settle" a bit more to avoid the bigger front gap? lol
or even the uneven front gaps due to weight distributions?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That passenger in the front seat won't make that much difference. Just drive it normally for 2 weeks and then get the alignment. Can't wait to see how it'll look on your car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get a pic asap and put it up here after installation for sure~!
by the way...
are there any of you who do services or stuff at a different dealership as to where you bought your car?

for example, did the first few services at dealership A and giving dealership B a try since it's closer to home?

I really wanna give Wolfe in Langley a try... they were ranked like the best dealership on BCmazda3 forum
very good ratings

and...while the springs are settling before I do the alignment, I shouldn't cut corners harshly? just drive normal and going at turns as I normally do(even if it's speeding lol..)
just wondering

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Wolfe Langley is the official sponsor of BCMazda3...of course they'll say it's good! ;)

You have nothing to lose by going to another dealer for service. What you want to do though is to make sure you get to know them while you are there so they will remember you. I go to Morrey just because I get free oil and filter there.

You should be able to drive them just the way you normally would while they are settling, no need to baby it. This is when you will find out if you have any problems. For my Civic, spacers had to be installed on my rear springs cause the car kept bouncing off of them, so you do want to find out if there are any problems right away.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
are there any of you who do services or stuff at a different dealership as to where you bought your car?
[/b]
I do. I bought my car from a dealer in Toronto. Even when I was living there, I dumped my selling dealer after the 1st service. I realized that they were a bunch of monkeys. Unfortunately, all too often, a dealership will put on its best face in order to sell you the car, and once they have your money, they stop giving a damn. This is what happened in my case. So, I found another Mazda dealer that was actually much further from my house but who really treated me well... so all my services (minus the first one) were done there... until I moved to BC this past June, that is.

I really wanna give Wolfe in Langley a try... they were ranked like the best dealership on BCmazda3 forum
very good ratings
[/b]
I've been using Wolfe Langley since I arrived in BC... and they've treated me very well indeed. I highly recommend them. I like the fact that they take an active interest in car clubs... you won't find many dealers doing that. Not only do they officially sponsor BCM3, but they also encourage new 6 owners to join this club. Besides, Art works there... so we all have a friend on the "inside" :)

and...while the springs are settling before I do the alignment, I shouldn't cut corners harshly? just drive normal and going at turns as I normally do(even if it's speeding lol..)
[/b]
Drive as you normally would. There's no need to do anything out of the ordinary... no need to put extra people in the car to help the springs settle. They'll settle on their own.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my dealership called today, but I missed the call
probably saying that my springs have arrived...
can't wait !
thanks for the info guys
if I start doing my service at wolfe, do I start up another "account" or something?:eek:
anyways..about the camber angle... mazdaspeed do not make any camber kits for the springs.. so I assume there's no need to worry about it?

·
Registered
420 Posts
if I start doing my service at wolfe, do I start up another "account" or something? :eek:
[/b]
Nope, just bring you and your car in, we will do all the paper work. However if it's your first time in just bring in your registration papers that way we can get the VIN# and your address, you don't have to but it makes life easier.

Art.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts