Mazda 6 Forums banner

1181 - 1200 of 1358 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey bro, OVT had been away for the past week for an emergency. He even posted it on his FB page. Thats why till now you haven't heard from him. He'll be coming back soon.

You can check OVT news on his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Orangevirustuningltd/timeline
Ah, thanks. Looks like OVT posted that several days after I emailed him/checked the FB page.

Any idea what's going on with Peak Performance though?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not everybody is on Facebook. Here's news via the Mazda 3 forum:

So matt put an update on the mazda 3 tuning group today, apparently the peak performace thing didn't work out and he is going back to tuning everything himself. I guess that explains why peak was ignoring everyone because they didnt have a service to provide.

For everyone that is waiting to here back from OV Tuning/Peak Performance, Mat is currently halting all tune sales in order to catch-up (eg. provide email replies, tune files, updates, etc.) with customers of Orange Virus Tuning and Peak Performance Tuning. You should hear back from Orange Virus Tuning/Peak Performance shortly. For all those waiting to purchase a tune, hold-off for now until Mat announces when sales resume.

|

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,184
I did manage to get my tune update blended with my custom settings and flashed over the weekend.

I do notice throttle response is definitely improved, and from about 4k up the acceleration is less batmobile-like in sound and feel, but pulls nice and even and hard up to 6500rpm. So the change in WOT AFR to run a bit more lean is noticeable.

I'm pleased with the update so far.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I did manage to get my tune update blended with my custom settings and flashed over the weekend.

I do notice throttle response is definitely improved, and from about 4k up the acceleration is less batmobile-like in sound and feel, but pulls nice and even and hard up to 6500rpm. So the change in WOT AFR to run a bit more lean is noticeable.

I'm pleased with the update so far.
What revision are you on? :surprise: lol.

I think I need to boost my 6 or try your tweaks... I've been finding myself standing on redline too often these days (my rev bouncer disappeared >:[); but then again, the weather is starting to warm up. :[

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good update Mike. I had been waiting for a bit over a week for the tune. (Usually get in a couple days) and then mat emailed me. I was confused as i thiught the other guy (his friend) was going to do it.

So he told me on my 5th tune i am done. I thought it was a bit quick as i see people on here doing 8 or 9 tunes but he explained why. So i flashed the 5th tune and my wife needed my car right after..... she sends me a text about 15 minutes later.....

.......Simply stating "zoom zoom" ��

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good update Mike. I had been waiting for a bit over a week for the tune. (Usually get in a couple days) and then mat emailed me. I was confused as i thiught the other guy (his friend) was going to do it.

So he told me on my 5th tune i am done. I thought it was a bit quick as i see people on here doing 8 or 9 tunes but he explained why. So i flashed the 5th tune and my wife needed my car right after..... she sends me a text about 15 minutes later.....

.......Simply stating "zoom zoom" ��
Getting the fuel trims set is what takes the extra tunes. If they're close to begin with, the process is quicker. Mine took 4 or 5 tunes to complete.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm looking for some advice here. I have a 2014 Touring with ATX, and I'm about to start the OV tune. Would I be wise to get the stock tune updated by a dealer before I begin? Does anyone know whether Mazda has made some improvements to the stock ECU software for ATX transmissions since my car was built (build date of Nov 2013)? If so, are the differences significant enough to warrant paying a dealer to update my ECU?

Thanks!

·
Registered
745 Posts
so...I think I'm missing something. Is Matt supposed to contact us with an updated file or are we supposed to pursue him? Also, I went back to an older tune file and wanted to switch it up again, but I kept getting a note saying I need the newer version of the edit software...but I can't seem to download it from the site. Is there some sort of special button or saying I need to chant for the download to happen?

·
Registered
146 Posts
so...I think I'm missing something. Is Matt supposed to contact us with an updated file or are we supposed to pursue him? Also, I went back to an older tune file and wanted to switch it up again, but I kept getting a note saying I need the newer version of the edit software...but I can't seem to download it from the site. Is there some sort of special button or saying I need to chant for the download to happen?
I dunno if you've figured it out yet, but when I emailed epifan about your second issue, he sent me this link which works: http://www.epifansoft.com/download/mep/mep_v2.exe

·
Registered
14 Posts
As an experiment I want to flash back to stock and run 91 octane, and compare performance to my 87 OVT tune. Would I use the hex file that I originally got from epifan to do that?
Have you been able to do that yet? If so, how do they stack up to each other? I'm still on the fence about getting the tune and I'm interested in knowing the results. Thank you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you been able to do that yet? If so, how do they stack up to each other? I'm still on the fence about getting the tune and I'm interested in knowing the results. Thank you.
No, I haven't yet. Don't get me wrong; I like the 87 tune right now. But with it still being cold here in MA I just wanted to leave things as-is, and wait to see how the 87 tune behaves when we get into the 80's and 90's here. If I start running into heat-soak issues then I might try going back to stock and bumping up to 91

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, I haven't yet. Don't get me wrong; I like the 87 tune right now. But with it still being cold here in MA I just wanted to leave things as-is, and wait to see how the 87 tune behaves when we get into the 80's and 90's here. If I start running into heat-soak issues then I might try going back to stock and bumping up to 91
cool cool... When you do get around to it please let us know what you think. I know ive tried stock 87 vs stock 91 here in California, but i can't tell if the difference is real or just in my head. But I would love to know what someone who's been on a tune for a while thinks of the 87 tune compared to stock 91.

Thank in advance ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
cool cool... When you do get around to it please let us know what you think. I know ive tried stock 87 vs stock 91 here in California, but i can't tell if the difference is real or just in my head. But I would love to know what someone who's been on a tune for a while thinks of the 87 tune compared to stock 91.

Thank in advance ;)
I know this isn't a direct comparison, but I ran 91 octane before on stock and felt like there was little to no difference to using 87 octane. I'm now using a 91 tune, and there's just a vast difference between that and 91 octane on a stock ECU.

IMHO there's no way running 91 octane stock can compare to a tune on any octane. I just can't see how a simple octane switch can stack up against all the adjustments and tweaks a tune file has.

·
Registered
80 Posts
On a stock engine, higher octane doesn't really gain you more power, but it will keep you from losing power in hot weather. That said, you can tune your car for the higher octane, which will give you more power compared to lower octane. Your engine will be set up to utilize the higher octane.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this isn't a direct comparison, but I ran 91 octane before on stock and felt like there was little to no difference to using 87 octane. I'm now using a 91 tune, and there's just a vast difference between that and 91 octane on a stock ECU.

IMHO there's no way running 91 octane stock can compare to a tune on any octane. I just can't see how a simple octane switch can stack up against all the adjustments and tweaks a tune file has.
Yeah.. I couldn't tell any noticeable difference either. I have read that some cars like the ecoboost mustang and I think the v6 have a slight gain/loss depending on octane, but I wasn't sure about the 6. I haven't noticed a difference and I didn't know if there was some solid info out there. Thank you for the info :wink2:

On a stock engine, higher octane doesn't really gain you more power, but it will keep you from losing power in hot weather. That said, you can tune your car for the higher octane, which will give you more power compared to lower octane. Your engine will be set up to utilize the higher octane.
I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
FYI everyone it looks like OVT will no longer be responding to emails:

Ok folks.
We have updated our site, and how we will now be conducting future business.
Due to the high volume of customers OVTUNE has, we will no longer be able to respond to personal inquiries via Facebook OR email.
If you need to contact us, you can use our contact us form on our site.
www.ovtuned.com which will be handled by our Customer service rep.

all current emails will be transitioned over to our new Datalog submission form: https://www.ovtuned.com/pages/datalog-submission for the time being we will be doing routine updates like before, but we will be transitioning all customers to our new datalog submission form.

We will respond to:
ROM submission forms
Datalog submission forms
Contact us / technical inquiries.
That is it.

Due to the increasing volume of customers, and because too many customers are going a bit above and beyond with requests, straying away from professionalism, I will no longer be replying to ANY personal and or business facebook messages that do not directly relate to the scope of my business. That means if someone messages me "hey what do you think about the K&N intake filter" your message will not be responded to. I will also not respond to ANY business related things via my facebook, if you have questions relating to our product, service, etc use our contact form.

To ensure customer satisfaction and timely service, we will only be responding in a professional, business manner, directly related to our new business hours, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Mountain time, Mon-Fri. Anything outside the scope or our business, or anything that is listed in our FAQ page, will be ignored.

FAQ PAGE: https://www.ovtuned.com/pages/frontpage

We have remoted the chatra message us app on our site, and have replaced it with a contact us form.

PLEASE USE THE CONTACT FORM. IF YOU SEND AN EMAIL DIRECTLY, IT WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO.

1181 - 1200 of 1358 Posts