Mazda 6 Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1358 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,081
Going through and sending updates today, hoping to get all updates out by the 10th
Thanks!

Will the updates include the revised/functional AFR Ratios for those with CARB ECUs?

Do the updates change valve timing maps at all?

·
Registered
488 Posts
:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

380HP???

I thought they were shooting for 300HP?
I'd love to have it, but I think Mat said it was near 4K for it. Unfortunately, that's out of range for my play money :(
That's about on-par for most turbo bolt-on setups. Especially during initial release. Most turbo setups, after they've been out for a few years, drop to about $2500-$3000 but $4000 is reasonable. Not something I'd pay, though, as I'm happy with my OVT tune.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2016. The tune file Mat sent me has a .hex extension that my computer doesn't recognize. I got the error message "can't find map description", so I downloaded the epifan link in the troubleshooting section and computer doesn't recognize the .eed file either. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Plus, at the epifan site the contacts button doesn't give an email address or phone to reach epifan. Does anyone have their contact info?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is this what you're getting?

Can't find map description for PY08EC0
Please make request description to epifanSoftware

I contacted Epifan. He sent me this:

New defs file is here:

http://www.epifansoft.com/download/mep/mep.eed

Download it and copy it over old one to C:\Program Files\mazdaEdit Personal\

I got this additional info from Mat to help me do the above:

I'm sorry about the small software quirks, normally this file doesn't have to be changed, unless your ECU is new to the software (it is). luckily this is the last step before flashing.

To fix:

locate "my computer"

then locate your C drive (hardDrive)

then the "program files folder"

then "mazda Edit v2"

inside is where you would place that file.

attached a few images for reference (windows 10)
*** Sorry, I'm unable to attach these images ***

The file will be downloaded to "downloads"

The file will be copied into the folder circled in red on these images. Note, your fold may be labeled MazdaEdit V2

I had this further problem:

"I don't have a file labeled Mazda Edit v2, only MazdaEdit Personal. When I open that file, I have multiple items, listed as follows:

Dash
kernels
Scheme
Sounds
XMLDefs
license
mep (labeled as an EED File)
mep (with the Mazda symbol before it & labeled as an Application)
mts.dll
mtssdk.ocx
op20pt32.dll
readme
unins000dat
unins000

I had downloaded what Epifan sent me to my desktop. It is labeled as mep.
Do I drag that file into the mep file with the Mazda logo, or somewhere else?"

But then I tried this:

"Good news! Seeing that the mep file was showing as an EED & also seeing in your troubleshooting info that the Defs File shows EED at the end, I dragged the file into the mep labeled as EED. It replaced the existing file & now I was able to download the Base File you sent me. Hooray!"

Hope this helps. If you need more assistance, contact Matt. he prefers you to contact him rather than Epifan. Once you get past this point, logging & uploading tune files is much easier!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thats good info mike....right now im going through some issues just getting the program to read the ecu for the dump file to send to mat. It keeps erroring out

I worked with mat today a bit but we have yet to find a solution.... Im starting to second guess everything i did in the registration process lol.....everything connects it reads my ecu name but just keep erroring out when actually trying to log the dump file

Been two days and im getting frustrated. I know mat will find a fix for me but i just want it to work :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Lots of cool stuff coming for skyactiv owners early next year.
-Turbo kits are in production right now, we'll have some teaser pics soon.
- We are also making drop-in "crate" High output N/A Long blocks. Fully ported, cams, strengthened bottom end, etc.
Any more info on the turbo kit? Price estimates? Drop-in-ability?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,089

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I generally like my 6, but it has always been somewhat gutless and has never given the 30 MPG avg I expected. Heck, the current tank (in admittedly cold weather) is showing only 22.2 MPG.

Also cannot STAND that it seems to have no torque cruising on the highway. Damn thing needs to downshift to maintain speed even on light inclines, and MPG is nothing special (around 32-34, I've maybe seen the advertised 38 once on a long trip). It feels like it has a lot of frontal area, as responsiveness and fuel economy fall off a cliff over 65 mph. Overall, the lack of guts and MPG has me driving like a little old man, and I ain't dead yet!

Do you think the tune would help my issues? Also, is the tune "transferable?" My lease ends 1/17; if I like the tune, might lease a newer 6 and use the tune on it (returning current car to stock before turning in).

Many thanks in advance!
Marc Jacobi
2014 Mazda6 GT
Norwalk CT
http://www.fuelly.com/car/mazda/6/2014/heymatey/264351 (miles/gallons, not trip computer)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is there an MPG tune? I'm not really interested in more performance, I'm not a lead foot and it's a 4 cylinder after all. I'm just curious if there's a tune that's focused on MPG instead.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I generally like my 6, but it has always been somewhat gutless and has never given the 30 MPG avg I expected. Heck, the current tank (in admittedly cold weather) is showing only 22.2 MPG.

Also cannot STAND that it seems to have no torque cruising on the highway. Damn thing needs to downshift to maintain speed even on light inclines, and MPG is nothing special (around 32-34, I've maybe seen the advertised 38 once on a long trip). It feels like it has a lot of frontal area, as responsiveness and fuel economy fall off a cliff over 65 mph. Overall, the lack of guts and MPG has me driving like a little old man, and I ain't dead yet!

Do you think the tune would help my issues? Also, is the tune "transferable?" My lease ends 1/17; if I like the tune, might lease a newer 6 and use the tune on it (returning current car to stock before turning in).

Many thanks in advance!
Marc Jacobi
2014 Mazda6 GT
Norwalk CT
Mazda6 GT w/o iELOOP in CT (Mazda 6) | Fuelly (miles/gallons, not trip computer)

The main advantage of the tune is better daily drivability, due to the increased torque. Gets rid of that gutless feeling at low rpm's. After the tune, freeway driving is so much better, as there is power on tap that isn't there with the stock setup. Makes the car much more enjoyable to drive. I'm seeing my mileage range from 30 to 33 mpg with mixed driving & depending on how heavy my throttle foot is that day.

Since the tune is done for your specific car, I don't believe it's designed to be transferrable. Maybe it would work, maybe not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I got mine a couple weeks ago. I've been running it for a week now and don't really notice any difference.
If you're still on the base tune, I'm not sure you'll really notice much difference. I didn't start noticing anything significant until my second tune file.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had completed the tuning process (for 87 octane, which did show improvement over stock). This was for the final calibration file that OVT recently completed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The final files are just fine-tuning. The major change came with the 2nd tune file. You really need to put a couple hundred miles on the tune, for the car to learn the changes, before you really feel the full difference.

1081 - 1100 of 1358 Posts