Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you turn down the interior lights if it dim's the gauges as well.

I'm thinking that with the 4500K HID's on at night I may at times like to have the interior lights a little dimmer to appreciate the viewable area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Optitron Gauges?'

if u push the button on the dash (the button that sticks out of the gauge assembly) , u can make the optitron gauges dim.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Optitron Gauges?'

hey thanks!

Just picked up my car yesterday and while driving it home, I was trying to figure out why the gauges were super-bright when I turned my headlights off, but when I turned them on, they were really, really dim. Turns out my sales rep pressed the dimmer switch without me noticing. :sarc

·
Registered
541 Posts
Reading Topic: Optitron Gauges?

There's more than 2 settings. The button near the gauges toggles between "night" and "day" modes. When you're in "day" mode, the lights are very bright and cannot be dimmed with the dimmer switch that's located near your left knee (on US models). When you're in "night" mode, the lights are noticably dimmer, even with the dimmer switch at it's brightest position. In "night" mode, you can also use the dimmer switch to adjust the lights to the desired level. For me, it's a great feature to have since I like to drive with my lights on during the day. I can have it in "day" mode and be able to read my gauges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts