Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you order the options (leather, moonroof, bose, etc...) separately or do you have go with the full packages like on the Mazda website? On the website, in order to get leather, you have to add Bose and the Comfort/Cold weather package.

I thought you might be able to order each option separately if you ordered the car directly. Any thoughts.

On another topic, how do you think the interior compares to current Volkswagen interiors? I love the fit and finish of my 2001 Jetta, its heads and shoulders above most cars (under $30k) that I've been in. How does the 6 compare. I test drove one, but it was really quick and I didn't have time to really check it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Option Packages & Interior?'s'

Originally posted by NickR

Can you order the options (leather, moonroof, bose, etc...) separately or do you have go with the full packages like on the Mazda website?  On the website, in order to get leather, you have to add Bose and the Comfort/Cold weather package.[/b]
There are already a few threads here about this, and Mazda's rules are so arbitrary and counter-intuitive that it really can get confusing. Also, the website seems a little unclear in some respects and downright wrong in others. I don't think even Mazda understands their options packages.

having said that, here's the deal as I understand it (with the 6s at least, the 6i may be different):

If you want leather, you have to get the comfort cold package. I'm not certain if the package is included in the price of the leather or as a separate item.
If you want leather, you don't neccessarily have to get the Bose.
If you want the Bose, you have to get a sunroof (this one makes no sense to me at all).

I thought you might be able to order each option separately if you ordered the car directly.  Any thoughts.[/b]
Nope, see the rules above. Also, the question of how long it will take Mazda to start fulfilling custom orders remains (as far as I know) unanswered. Don't hold your breath.

On another topic, how do you think the interior compares to current Volkswagen interiors?  I love the fit and finish of my 2001 Jetta, its heads and shoulders above most cars (under $30k) that I've been in.  How does the 6 compare.  I test drove one, but it was really quick and I didn't have time to really check it out.[/b]
I love the interiors in Jettas, they're hard to beat in quality. The Mazda is very close, but not quite as good in interior textures. the actually quality of materials is about as good. The swithchgear is better in the Mazda, IMO (notable exception: the mirror controls are slightly chintzy). However, the interior design is much more distinctive and interesting in the Mazda. I love it, but your mileage may vary. For example: the integrated proprietary stereo might give you pause if you're looking to do a third-party upgrade.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Option Packages & Interior?'s

Nick, I moderate a VW forum also, and I own a 6. You're not going to have to deal with window regulators, Monsoon system wiring problems, coilpack failures in MASS quantities... The list goes on.

Add to the fact that I had a red Jetta wagon 1.8T LOADED ready to be put on order, no problem waiting the 3 months or paying the price they quoted.... Until they tried to fuck me on every aspect of the deal. I'm VERY disappointed in VAG right now.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

Nick, I moderate a VW forum also, and I own a 6.  You're not going to have to deal with window regulators, Monsoon system wiring problems, coilpack failures in MASS quantities...  The list goes on.[/b]
I have a friend who bought a 2002 A6 last year. It has literally spent more time in the shop than on the road. First the seat stopped working, then the stereo conked out. Then the dashboard started falling apart. Then the engine started surging. Then the brake pads needed replacing. Etc. It's comical. When his warrenty is up, he's selling it back.

So, yeah, avoid VAG like the plague.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by Torgo

Originally posted by Entropism

Nick, I moderate a VW forum also, and I own a 6.  You're not going to have to deal with window regulators, Monsoon system wiring problems, coilpack failures in MASS quantities...  The list goes on.[/b]
I have a friend who bought a 2002 A6 last year. It has literally spent more time in the shop than on the road. First the seat stopped working, then the stereo conked out. Then the dashboard started falling apart. Then the engine started surging. Then the brake pads needed replacing. Etc. It's comical. When his warrenty is up, he's selling it back.

So, yeah, avoid VAG like the plague.[/b][/quote]

I had a friend that had 1987 Bimmer and had 350,000 miles on it and basically it was his stock stuff and never changed. He did change alternator and intercooler once I think and maintained car. I believe Lexus And Bimmer are most reliable cars in the world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts