Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I know its been covered, but I just popped on my optimized throttle body and am extremely happy. It gives the car that smooth feeling it should have from the factory. I definitely recommend this, and its my new favorite mod thus far. Thanks TW. :cheers:

Tim

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Any ideas for any new products?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah, I'm gradually getting something new together, but if it doesn't produce a solid 10HP gain on the dyno, it'll be a big waist of money, time and effort. I'll know in about another month or so.... (Back to the garage :whip: )

Oh I also have a new fan controller design in the works. Hoping to be able to operate both fans...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
More details please!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh I also have a new fan controller design in the works. Hoping to be able to operate both fans...[/b]
What's the advantage of being able to operate the fans? Aren't they doing their job the way they are? Please educate me because I have no clue...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the advantage of being able to operate the fans? Aren't they doing their job the way they are? Please educate me because I have no clue...[/b]

When our cars hit a certain temp, they pull timing. Being able to control the fans means you can have them come on sooner, keeping things cooler and thus not hitting the temp where timing is pulled.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
More details please![/b]
Option 1: Single temp control operates both fans at desired turn-on point.

Option 2: Two temp. adjustments. One for each fan. The adjustments could be staggered for different temperatures allowing (for example) one fan turns on at 160 degrees, both fans run at 180 degrees.

Option 1 will be about $5 more than the old model. Option 2 will be about $10 more. (So about $50...)

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Yeah, I'm gradually getting something new together, but if it doesn't produce a solid 10HP gain on the dyno, it'll be a big waist of money, time and effort. I'll know in about another month or so.... (Back to the garage :whip: )[/b]

is this just for V6 guys? :swearin:

·
Registered
982 Posts
^^^ I believe it's for both
Can anyone with this mod confirm an increase in MPG??[/b]

My TW TB is waiting to be delivered. It is on the truck and will be delivered within the hour! Sweet!! :drive:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I still wanna know what this device that may possibly deliver 10WHP could be.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Maybe something with timing . . . . . . . ?

I really have no idea.

·
Registered
128 Posts
okay whoa im really lost...ive been off the forum for a while, what is this optimized TB? is it on the market? if so how much? if someone could explain everything for me that would be great lol :yesnod:

·
Registered
128 Posts
cool deal, that answers a good bit of my questions :yesnod:, so i would be buying a brand new throttle body? and i have a 03 6s auto does anyone know what the actual dynoed gains are? the site only showed the 2.3 dyno charts. and how hard is the installation for this TB? thanks guys, if the gains are good then im sold :love:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you can unhook 1 plug and remove 4 bolts(unless you havent done the coolant bypass, then you need to change over 2 coolant lines also), you can install a throttlebody. As far as gains, I would think this would produce similar or greater gains on the v6 than it does the 2.3. I dont know of anyone posting dyno gains after installing it however.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if you can unhook 1 plug and remove 4 bolts(unless you havent done the coolant bypass, then you need to change over 2 coolant lines also), you can install a throttlebody. As far as gains, I would think this would produce similar or greater gains on the v6 than it does the 2.3. I dont know of anyone posting dyno gains after installing it however.[/b]
hmmm, interesting, the gains for the 2.3 werent very significant :squint: so im hoping the 3.0 is better are there any 6s drivers who have purchased and installed this? and another thing, do i send them my stock TB? or is it brand new? thanks guys

1 - 20 of 188 Posts