Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Waz up. Well, it turns out i'll be getting my 6S in Redfire Metallic. Now, i just need to find one (the dealer needs to find one) with BOSE, 5 speed AT, Sport, Comfort, Leather, and Side/Side Curtain Airbags (thats a different story). Anways, i need some advice on the color, ie: taking care of the color, washing and waxing, how good does it really look to others, even though i think it looks gorgeous, etc, cause i've never had a red car before.....

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Opinions on Redfire Metallic'

Originally posted by CaImPoRtTuNeR

Now, i just need to find one (the dealer needs to find one) with BOSE, 5 speed AT,  Sport, Comfort, Leather, and Side/Side Curtain Airbags (thats a different story).[/b]
Today's clear coats are very durable. Regular washing with a good car wash product and polish/waxing twice a year will keep it looking nice for as long as you will probably own the car.

If you are the type that is totally anal about the look of your car, then there are many different products and you will need to try different ones untill you find what you like.

Some people prefer a Multi-step waxing system like Meguiars others the show shine of Zaino.

Redfire is a great color, it was my first choice untill I saw a 6 in Black.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay
Redfire is a great color, it was my first choice untill I saw a 6 in Black.[/b]
Hehe, same here. I was completely set on either Lapis Blue or Redfire Metallic....until I saw one in black. Now i own that black one ;).

·
Registered
178 Posts

I love the Meguiars Muti-step. Gust plan a day to do the car. I know LBJay has to love it with a black 6, swirl marks are hell on a black car.:) I will help out with them a ton. Any body use claybar? I have on my focus and it worked good befor the wax.:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Reading Topic: Opinions on Redfire Metallic

Redfire does look sweet but it would be better if it was bright red. Sure it would be a cop magnet but when washed and waxed it would be the sh**. Go with the redfire my friend.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanx for all the advice guys, now i'll definetly go with the redfire metallic. Now, i just need to find the car with the right options, maybe someone here can lead me in the right direction....

·
Registered
657 Posts

Order it? :)

The only dealer on here right now is my local dealer, and I doubt you'd want to come to NYC to pick up your 6. And frankly, I hope you don't, because, well, you're getting my car's twin, essentially. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

Order it?  :)

The only dealer on here right now is my local dealer, and I doubt you'd want to come to NYC to pick up your 6.  And frankly, I hope you don't, because, well, you're getting my car's twin, essentially.  :)[/b]

Hello Jordan, Ur supposed to be hookin a brother up....U know I take car of everyone!! So what he'll have to drive back to Cali, at least he'll have plenty of time to break it in and open it up...hehehe

If anyone wants to order or car or get one from my stock or anyones stock (hehe) lemme know....:p

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I don't think my dad would fly out to N.Y to get me the car; he'll go as far as southern california, and thats it. I would have had the car now, but its the options config that is standing in the way.

·
Registered
657 Posts

LOL, sorry John. By the way, your service dept called today to ask how my visit was.... She seemed shocked I hadn't been in yet, and especially shocked when I told her I only had 600 miles on the car so far.

One of these days though, I have to get that CEL wiped.... it's annoying the crap out of me.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

LOL, sorry John.  By the way, your service dept called today to ask how my visit was....  She seemed shocked I hadn't been in yet, and especially shocked when I told her I only had 600 miles on the car so far.

One of these days though, I have to get that CEL wiped....  it's annoying the crap out of me.[/b]

Lol, aahh one of these day we'll take care of that light for ya....hehehe....no big deal u know we're here for ya no matter what!!

·
Registered
657 Posts

Yeah, I know, it's just that taking off a day of work to get it done is going to kill me. No work = no money = broke Jordan.

Dammit, I need a job with paid sick days. :(

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

I like Redfire. But it's close to the color of my last car. I just wanted to try something different. Dark Grey[Steel Gray] has a very deep effect. That and there's a Skyline in Titanium Gray in one of my latest HCI mags and I fell in love with that type of color :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.