Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you can imagine this...

I have an onxy black 6. I'm going to be getting leather soon.

Which color scheme do you think would look the best?

grey seats with black inner and grey door inserts

or

black seats with grey inner and grey door inserts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
What color grey? Bill has like 50 colors of grey :D

msumlin did one called Dove Grey, which matches the headliner, and it looks really, really great.

If you want my input, expand your mind a bit and think about some other colors. I have a steel grey 6 with the grey interior and at first I was all about black and grey. But when the time came, I went with Graphite outers with Medium Red centers, and I couldn't be happier with the result. Check out some of his other colors, he's got plenty. Black/grey is fine, but IMO it's just kinda ordinary :D I can snap you some pictures if you're interested, but the color always shows up kinda purple in pictures.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw a six that had the black leather trim on the outside with the white on the inside and it looked pretty sick. I almost bought it from some member on here from ebay. However he had lied about ever having raced it, so went with one from a dealership. But the interior still looked pretty sick.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have to agree with my friend above, I had nearly 20 swatches to review. The best thing to do is to mix and match, and go to what appeals to you. It took us both nearly 2 weeks to decide! The color combo you choose, will look even better once the whole package is received.

Don't be afraid to think outside the box, my wife has a Copper 5 door and she went with Black w/ Burnt Orange inserts. I thought it was a questionable choice, but the Copper sets off the seats quite nicely. Good luck, I am sure you'll love the product as much as we do.

·
Registered
199 Posts
im trying to figure out one for mine. sepang is hard to cooperate with...haha.

have u tried looking at the different combinations along with ur car and seeing which suits ur car the best? im doing that with mine. it might take a while but i think its worth it rather than picking something u'll regret later.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Also, you guys that are on the fence, what color is your interior to start with? That'll help us help you :D Take your time too, this is a huge change. msumlin and I were pouring over this for a couple weeks :D It's worth taking the time to be sure.

I don't think black/grey will look bad, but I think you can do better. I just need to know your interior color.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My interior is the all grey interior. Everything is grey except the dash which is black.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you can imagine this...

I have an onxy black 6. I'm going to be getting leather soon.

Which color scheme do you think would look the best?
grey seats with black inner and grey door inserts

or

black seats with grey inner and grey door inserts
[/b]
I did black with charcoal grey from leatherseats.com. (this is only pic I have at work, the doors arent' done)

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did black with charcoal grey from leatherseats.com. (this is only pic I have at work, the doors arent' done)
[/b]

Hey Digital,

Is the charcoal grey spot on with the rest of the grey in the car?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would go with the black with grey inserts
[/b]
me to i think it looks amazing.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I saw a six that had the black leather trim on the outside with the white on the inside and it looked pretty sick. I almost bought it from some member on here from ebay. However he had lied about ever having raced it, so went with one from a dealership. But the interior still looked pretty sick.
[/b]

I wish so bad I could do that with my car, for now I just got the black/white car cloth covers, thier ok, but just don't have a feel of genuine leather. :sarc:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The leather from Leatherseats is far superior top the OEM leather that Mazda uses! Not even close!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Digital,

Is the charcoal grey spot on with the rest of the grey in the car?

Thanks
[/b]
No, it is darker than the headliner if thats what you are asking. The Dove Grey is closer, ask Tim at LeatherSeats.com for some samples, he will send you some swatches. That's what I did, I liked the Charcoal the best.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What color gray would most closely match the stock interior? I have not received my swatches, but I am willing to take your word's for it on the color selection.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I THINK (read: THINK!!!) it was called "light grey" that was a dead on match with the stock grey plastic. Msumlin used Dove Grey that matched the headliner. I almost went with black and light grey (I'm not 100% sure that was the name of it but I'm pretty sure) but I"m glad I went with more color. Graphite/medium red in my steel grey FTW!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts