Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the manual that with the Mazda6 if you hold the unlock button on the remote for several seconds that the windows are supposed to open. When I try this on my car, only the front driver side window opens. The manual seems to suggest that all the windows should open.

Can someone try this on their car and let me know what windows open with the remote?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed in the manual that with the Mazda6 if you hold the unlock button on the remote for several seconds that the windows are supposed to open. When I try this on my car, only the front driver side window opens. The manual seems to suggest that all the windows should open.

Can someone try this on their car and let me know what windows open with the remote?

Thanks!
[/b]

When u press the unlock bottom on your remote two times & hold for like two sec. front driver & pass window will open. It works on mine.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
When u press the unlock bottom on your remote two times & hold for like two sec. front driver & pass window will open. It works on mine.
[/b]
I believe that if his drivers side is going down then he is doin it right. he just needs to reset (calibrate)the passenger side.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Same thing happened to my car when it was delivered. The passenger window didn't work. I was like, 'oh hell no!', but the service guy was there and showed me how to program them. I read more about it in the owner's manual later though.

·
Registered
605 Posts
[/b]

Mine opens both sides also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...8&hl=window

Second post

And please search. If the first search doesnt work search... search... and search again. There are way too many posts asking the same thing.
[/b]
Everyone seems confused here.
I did do a search.
This isnt' the same thing.
I'm talking about opening the windows from the key/remote, not from the controls on the door.
My door controls work fine. I am aware of the recalibration.

crazy question but do you have the window lock on?
[/b]
Good point. I'll have to check that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
you know, it kind of bothers me when people come in screaming to use the search button. If everyone used teh search button, there probably wouldnt be any new topics or any new subjects to post on. if it really bothers you to see a post that you've seen before, your not forced to open it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I first got my 6, i didnt read the owners manual for like 2-3 weeks after i got it, VERY busy round that time. I noticed that i did hold it down too long one day i was at the supermarket, came out and the front windows were down, i was like wtf.....i called the dealership and they told me that if i held the button down too long that would happen. i was pissed at first but im cool with it now, it scared me at first but if would have just taken time to read i would have found it.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
you know, it kind of bothers me when people come in screaming to use the search button. If everyone used teh search button, there probably wouldnt be any new topics or any new subjects to post on. if it really bothers you to see a post that you've seen before, your not forced to open it.
[/b]
If you are talking to me asking to please search this is in no way screaming SEARCH. So calm yourself!
And if everyone searched to see if the answer to their question is out there and it was then they would not be creating a redundant thread.
I now what it is like to have questions and ask them. But this is after trying to find the info on my own. Any time I have ever suggested searching it was after or just prior to offering what info I can help with for their question. It is suggestion to help out.
If you don’t like it piss off and don’t read my posts. It is that simple. :slap:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine work too well. Within a week or two after I purchased my car, I accidentally held in the unlock button and my windows rolled down when I wasn't paying attention. I actually thought someone broke into my car until I rolled them up again and watched them roll down when I held in the unlock button again. So, yeah. Mine work splendidly.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
On my '06 Speed6 I can open all the windows (front and back) with the remote by holding down the unlock button for a few seconds. I can control how far down they go by releasing the button when they're down to where I want. This feature is to allow some ventilation through the car before you get to it; useful if the car has been sitting in the sun for a while.

I can close all the windows after exiting the car and closing the driver's door by inserting the key in the lock, turning the key to the lock position, and holding it there until the windows roll up to where I want them. This window closing can't be done with the remote though, due to safety reasons. This feature is a nice to have if you find somebody has left a window open after everybody has gotten out. You can close all the windows without having to get back in the car and inserting the key in the ignition.

I'm not sure if the remote window funtions is available as a feature or option in the current version or earlier versions of the Mazda6.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I'm not sure if the remote window funtions is available as a feature or option in the current version or earlier versions of the Mazda6.
[/b]
It's only on the 2006 models. It's on all models though. The base 6s wagon I have as a loaner has the feature as well as my 6i Sport sedan.

The windows work the same as yours, but it's only the front ones in any trim level lower than the Speed6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jimmyboy,

For the first 15,000 miles this was my only warranty claim for my 2006 6s. I had a similar, but opposite, situation - the passenger side would go down with the remote but not the driver's. The dealer techs found a connector not fully seated and it has worked fine ever since. Not that I use it much, though. I think for people living in hot climates, a remote starter is the way to go and sometime this winter I'll be installing one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts