Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know how it happened, but i have had this little tapping noise going on for a little bit, was never major or anything that only occured when making left turns. So i brought it into mazda, to find out (hours later) that some how my left axle shaft is broken!!!! :wtf: WTF!!!!! :swearin: It just doesn't make, i don't drop it or anything like that, i get on it but i slip it out, and when i launch it i slip it out how your supposed to launch an AWD car. :angry:

Anyone got any ideas as to how this happened, or is it just shitty mazda parts?!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah they are going to cover it (they better my car only has 11,500 fucking miles on it)

btw, dabears.......sorry about that massive argument we got into the other week about SRI's and what not, it blew up out of portions. I still stand by my opinion, and i respect yours, but things just got ugly, and i don't like being on bad terms with people.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Is it possible big boost and I are having similar problems at different ends? No problem with turns though, just hard (and not crazy) acceleration, mostly in second.

·
Registered
795 Posts
im the one racing and your cars break ( strange) maybe the cars from canada are better j/k

that sucks dude , but they will change it for you so who cares

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well since the rear of the car doesn't turn you wouldn't get that problem, but rear axles are different than front axles because they don't have to turn, so if you get a really aggresive load onto it you could possibly knock something out of place

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
im the one racing and your cars break ( strange) maybe the cars from canada are better j/k

that sucks dude , but they will change it for you so who cares
[/b]
You should care. Do you think if we roll into the dealership with a ebc, piggyback ecu, and fmic they are going to honor the warranty? All these issues make me worried about taking my car to the next level. How about you?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i rolled in there with a SRI, MBC and a BOV and they didn't care. not to mention you will really only have warranty issues if they can "prove" that the modification you made caused that part to go, in this case, there is no way in HELL!!!!!!! that those small upgrades caused it. as it is there is barely any peak hp gain (maybe like 5-10 at the wheels) it all comes after 5000-5500 rpms where the gain is, and then at that point it isn't really load bearing as if you were launching your car or something.

·
Registered
795 Posts
You should care. Do you think if we roll into the dealership with a ebc, piggyback ecu, and fmic they are going to honor the warranty? All these issues make me worried about taking my car to the next level. How about you?
[/b]
no i dont have any problem with dealership!!

before this car i had a protege 5 that i custom built turbo set @ 20psi and nitrous 100shot and i had my tranny replaced twice because i stipped the 3rd gear :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lucky bastard...lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Some dealers seem to be better than others. I checked ahead of time with mine about mods and warranty, and they said as long as I dont touch the engine internals its all good. BTW p5freak what kind of racing do you do?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah they said that as long as i don't do something "Major" like a massive turbo upgrade and Standalone engine management, etc....that i would be fine

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
no i dont have any problem with dealership!!

before this car i had a protege 5 that i custom built turbo set @ 20psi and nitrous 100shot and i had my tranny replaced twice because i stipped the 3rd gear :D
[/b]
Good to know! One of the reasons I bought this car (really a new car) was because of the warranty. I have a good relationship with my dealer so hopefully I wont have any problems.
P5 obviosly has a special relationship with his dealer... and more power to you. It is nice to know that they won't blink and eye at your mods. I hope I am as lucky. Any tips?

yeah they said that as long as i don't do something "Major" like a massive turbo upgrade and Standalone engine management, etc....that i would be fine
[/b]
oh no...I'm screwed

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i mean like a huge 60 trim and like something where you have to rewire the ecu, not neccesarily a piggyback or something

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
i mean like a huge 60 trim and like something where you have to rewire the ecu, not neccesarily a piggyback or something
[/b]
OH. Cool. Thats what i get for being a noob at mods. I guess I am probably worried about nothing.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that would be a good guess :nana:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Where are you guys? My dealer basically said that they wouldn't promise not to void my warranty for the airbox mod! (Madison WI) IF there's another dealer within 2 or 3 hours, I might consider the trip...

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is a guy that lives near me that had his car do the same thing. I am not sure if he is a member of these forums, but I know he is a member of the coast2coast6.com forums. The dealership covered it under warranty as well. Will call him and see what happened and inform you guys.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i am from NJ

1 - 20 of 33 Posts