Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have had my 6 for 2 weeks now, and since last week i noticed something wierd on my car, there are maybe 10 or more white spots on my paint, that initially looked like really bad water spots, and the dealer had the car waxed and they failed to remove them. Now they are telling me to take it in on Monday so they can send it to their body shop so the body shop can professionaly remove them. But I wont be told if the car is going to need to be painted until the body shop is done! :nono: WTF!? Does anyone else with Onyx black have this problem? It looks like a defect with the paint, but I dont want my brand new car repainted! OPINIONS? FEEDBACK!?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Alright, so I have had my 6 for 2 weeks now, and since last week i noticed something wierd on my car, there are maybe 10 or more white spots on my paint, that initially looked like really bad water spots, and the dealer had the car waxed and they failed to remove them. Now they are telling me to take it in on Monday so they can send it to their body shop so the body shop can professionaly remove them. But I wont be told if the car is going to need to be painted until the body shop is done! :nono: WTF!? Does anyone else with Onyx black have this problem? It looks like a defect with the paint, but I dont want my brand new car repainted! OPINIONS? FEEDBACK!?
[/b]
i got a blk they will paint it for free so let them do it. its under the warranty.

·
Registered
247 Posts
i had this problem with my 03. and they used some sort of cream on the entire car and it came right off. no painting needed

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright this makes me feel better, but they say they plan on keeping my car 2-3 days! that makes me sad! :-(

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Probably flaws in the clear coat.

The cream they use is probably polishing or rubbing compound. It is a super fine sanding material. It actaully takes a small amount of the clear coat off. Basically like the claybar's everyone raves about.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see, and is this something I can purchase on my own and do on my own so I dont have to be apart from my 6 to long? Cuz Imma miss her!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well... If I was you, and it is a brand new car... I would be upset about it. Cuz basically what they are probably going to do is sand off enough paint to make it look new again. Which means your brand new car is going to have less paint on it, than my brand new car had... LOL

I would ask them exactly what they plan to do first.

·
Registered
459 Posts
They will not sand off any of the paint. They will just rub it out with a extra cut compound. Then they will polish it. If I were you I would hand wax your car after you get it back from the dealer. That will seal the clear coat. They wont use any wax only a polish. I have had my onyx black for almost 2 years and its a very hard color to take care of. Good luck and I would learn as much as possible about car care so you can take care of your baby as best you can. Any questions you have you can find here just search. :)

As a side note it should not take them 2 to 3 days to do that. 1/2 day maybe.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
check out my thread in the show & shine section to protect your paint with a great paint sealer (not wax !- find out why)and don't mind the skeptics there will always be some lol ... the Onyx is maintenance factor color and with 5 Star Shine you will make life easy on yourself with unheard of proven results

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
They will not sand off any of the paint. They will just rub it out with a extra cut compound. Then they will polish it. If I were you I would hand wax your car after you get it back from the dealer. That will seal the clear coat. They wont use any wax only a polish. I have had my onyx black for almost 2 years and its a very hard color to take care of. Good luck and I would learn as much as possible about car care so you can take care of your baby as best you can. Any questions you have you can find here just search. :)

As a side note it should not take them 2 to 3 days to do that. 1/2 day maybe.
[/b]

Um, what do you think rubbing it out is? It is sanding the upper most layers of paint off. It isnt like you can put some magic dust on the car and have the paint fix itself, you have to take paint off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts