Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the MazdaUSA spec sheet, it says "Power Windows with drivers-side one-touch down feature". Is that what the foreign cars have? For some reason I thought I read it would be one touch down AND Up. ?? I really enjoy that feature on my RSX. Heck, is it really that much more money to do what BMW and Mercedes do and add one touch up and down for all the windows? Heck, even lowly VW Golf's have it.

Just wondering. I guess those optitron gauges we get mean we might not get auto up?? ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Replying to Topic 'One Touch Window'

Mazdaman has the good answer, it's exactly the feature has the Sentra : you push on the button, it open normally and stop when you release it and if you push harder (on a click); it will go all the way down on one shot.

·
Registered
137 Posts

One touch up costs more money because you have to put a pressure or motion sensor so it doesn't breaks someone fingers.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

To sum this up:

Mazda has had this feature exactly the same since mid eighties. One touch down on driver's window - but no one-touch up.

The reason is what has been said already. And to be honest: how often do you as a driver really open those other windows anyway?? I mean with AC or ACC (and you guys also have a sunroof?)

You could freeze to death without even opening a window. In the summer!

Anyway, with that said, I too think they should add one-touch to all windows both up and down and sensors to tell if someone has its head there. (There were some ugly incidents in the beginning of this technology, where kids were killed just like that. Oh, the responsibility engineers have and never think of...)

·
Registered
86 Posts

I should say one touch up & down for driver's side only, and there is a built in sensor that retracts the window should it hit something on the way up.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is a bit confusing, so the people not in the US, that have power windows (are they standard?) have BOTH one touch down and one touch up on the drivers window?

Sorry, the replies have not been too clear.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

This is a bit confusing, so the people not in the US, that have power windows (are they standard?) have BOTH one touch down and one touch up on the drivers window?

Sorry, the replies have not been too clear.[/b]

Sorry, should have been more specific.

The Singapore market gets the one-touch up and down windows on the driver's side as a standard feature for the 2.0L the only model available here so far.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

We got power windows on all four doors standard on all models - 1.8, 2.0 and 2.3.

Spec only describes "autofunction on driver's side". Doesn't really tell if that also means one-touch up.

If it does, that is the first time for this on a Mazda midsizer. Although I sort of recollect trying this on the democar and it had only one-touch down.

Confusing, this.

·
Registered
350 Posts

I think it's a simple thing that makes Mazda not to deliver this feature in USA.

It's USA's ridiciosly lawyer situation.
If one person get harmed in a automatic window he would make Mazda pay him billions!

It's so stupud that I can't find words.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Here are some words to pick from:

foolish
stupid
bad
sad
tragic
tragicomical
utterly unbelievable
crazy

If none of those apply, ask someone else to help you find a word!:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Now we're entering the world of expression beyond known dictionaries, and beyond any reason.

If something's ugly - say so. Don't say that there are better looking things. :sarc

If something is weird - call it by name!

(All these words make me dizzy...ah, but I see the clock is ten to five - Friday afternoon. I can relax now. I don't have to work with words until Monday.)

So, those were the weirdest words you knew?

:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

(All these words make me dizzy...ah, but I see the clock is ten to five - Friday afternoon. I can relax now. I don't have to work with words until Monday.)
:D[/b]
Oh, man...It's only 10:43am over here. :(

·
Registered
244 Posts

[ontopic] It might be different in US (why am I not surprised ?:sarc); but my 6 has both one touch down and up features (see this old thread). Despite of having ACC you still have to open a window from time to time (parking lot, policeman, hot Swedish blonde asking for directions, etc...) and it makes a hell of a difference wether you have auto-up or not. There is ofcourse a safety feature that stops the window from closing if anything gets in the way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts